"The technical team of the Brazilian national team feels for the event and wishes Daniel Alves a prompt recovery so that his technique, commitment and leadership are back at the service of the national team as soon as possible".
"It is clear that the Daniel Alves's call up for the period of preparation, friendlies and consequently the World Cup, is impossible", the CBF said in a statement.
Initial reports suggested that Alves would be fit to join the Brazil squad in Russia but, according to Goal.com, national team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar has now ruled him out of the tournament.
The five-time champions will then play Costa Rica and Serbia.
Brazil will play warm-up matches against Croatia on June 3 and Austria seven days later, before kicking off their World Cup campaign on June 17 against Switzerland.
However, the former Barcelona's spokesman was quoted saying his client will need 'at least three weeks' to recover from the knock.
Danilo and Rafinha have had few chances under coach Tite, who counted on Alves as a leader.
"He is the one playing at the highest level at the moment, but he still needs to adapt to the team", said Junior, a pundit at TV Globo.
On Monday, Tite will name his Brazil squad for World Cup 2018.
- Gago sería titular para visitar a Huracán el domingo
- Asesinan a otro candidato a alcalde de Morena: José Remedios Aguirre
- Califica Zavala de "súper copión" a Ricardo Anaya
- La Justicia dictó la quiebra de Oil Combustibles de Cristóbal López
- Esta es la candidata a diputada que se promociona en Tinder
- Asesinan a José Aguirre, candidato a alcaldía en Guanajuato
- Trump contento con la captura de los líderes más buscados de EI
- Venezuela rechaza retiro de Estados Unidos del acuerdo nuclear con Irán
- Zidane rechaza haber pedido el fichaje de Neymar
- Ortiz observa 17 contratos directos para los Juegos Suramericanos