Scientists have a seismometer installed close to the Camp Nou stadium and it picks up the telltale vibrations every time the crowd celebrates a goal.
If they overcome out-of-form Sevilla in the Copa del Rey final later this month, they will likely be toasting a domestic double at the end of the season, possibly as La Liga's first ever invincible team.
Being a professional footballer for one of the world's most successful clubs means plenty of global travel - and Messi, therefore, is no stranger to a flight or two.
Barca's setback could provide an opportunity for Valencia, who climbed above champions Real Madrid into third last weekend and are two wins away from sealing a return to next season's Champions League.
And the seismogram that perhaps best captures this is Barça's "miracle comeback" against Paris Saint-Germain in last season's Champions League. Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen played the venue in 2016. And against Sevilla a fortnight ago, Barca trailed 2-0 in the 87th minute before Suarez and then Messi, as a substitute, engineered a dramatic late escape.
"But notice how in goal celebrations, the energy is distributed across the 1-10Hz band while in the rock concert you have what we call harmonic structures; energy is localised into precise amplitudes". But then his research group started to notice some interesting features that prompted genuine inquiry.
As well as following those Barça home games, the scientists are looking at the seismic patterns of traffic.
The same is true for the subway and the timetable of train services.
"We need ten more points to win the title and we can't stay at home crying because we lost one match".
But even with successes still to come, they would do well to let the rout in Rome linger a little longer.
- Fernando Espinoza estuvo en la Rosada con Macri y Peña
- Finaliza Cumbre de las Américas, con compromiso contra la Corrupción
- Con 32 puntos de Oladipo, Pacers sorprenden a Cavaliers
- Fueron detenidos 43 compañeros de alias Guacho en Ecuador
- El destape de Oriana Sabatini: "No sé si soy lesbiana o bisexual"
- James Comey: Safe to Say That America Is 'Dangerous' Under Trump
- Bancos de Argentina convocaron a un nuevo paro de 48 horas
- Matan a un colectivero tras discutir por el boleto
- Festejan Otamendi y Agüero: el City es campeón
- Violó su propia legislación al atacar Siria, dice diplomático Vladímir Ermakov