Guardiola's UEFA rap sheet includes two breaches of the organisation's disciplinary regulations - "dismissal from the bench" and "improper conduct of the coach".
The frustration for Liverpool is that they have not been able to convert that into more of a challenge on the domestic front, trailing City by 17 points in the league.
City have endured a tricky few days, being beaten 3-0 by Liverpool in their Champions League quarter-final first-leg and then letting a two-goal lead slip against rivals Manchester United. The likes of Shakhtar Donetsk's Fred, Nice's Jean-Michel Seri, Monaco's Thomas Lemar and Chelsea's Eden Hazard all on the talented manager's radar.
Mohamed Salah's goal calmed Liverpool nerves at the Etihad.
Liverpool also didn't escape, with UEFA listing charges of "setting off of fireworks" and "throwing of objects". Guardiola directed blame towards the officials after the defeat to Liverpool on Tuesday but, if they continue to crumble, it will be the players the manager begins to question. I'm definitely confident that next season we can push everyone, even ourselves, to do better from the beginning to the end.
Roy Hodgson has turned Crystal Palace around once this season, and he will need to do so again to lift the Eagles to safety.
The father-of-two later tweeted: "I should have stuck a fiver on that". Despite blowing their chance to win the Premier League title against Man Utd last weekend, Guardiola's side are still set to storm to the finish line with games to spare after dominating the competition. The former Barcelona boss has enjoyed a prestigious managerial career thus far - winning three La Liga titles and three Champions Leagues with the Catalan side, as well as three league titles with Bundesliga side Bayern Munich. It's different when Gabriel Jesus's goal at Anfield is offside. They have a relatively favourable run-in, with every opponent aside from Leicester currently in the bottom half.
Newcastle on the up Following three straight victories, including an impressive 2-1 triumph at Leicester last week, things are looking up for Newcastle. I was not overly happy at half-time to be honest.
- Liverpool vence al Bournemouth y mantiene zona de Champions
- Peña Nieto se reúne con vicepresidente de Estados Unidos
- Va 'El Bronco' por 60 millones de votos
- Los Playoffs de la NBA comenzarán mañana
- Maestros de la CNTE atacan mitin de Meade en Oaxaca
- Natalia Reyes protagonizara la nueva película de 'Terminator'
- Estados Unidos no tiene planeado otro ataque contra Siria
- Ronda masiva de Carabineros culmina con 4.891 detenidos a nivel nacional
- Vizcarra abre una Cumbre de las Américas centrada en Venezuela
- Candidatura de El Bronco, decisión de la mafia del poder: López Obrador