Comey stressed that he did not believe Trump was mentally unfit for the presidency, even complimenting Trump in a rare moment of praise.
"I'm sure that it was a factor".
While there are still some unanswered questions, of course, ABC's Sunday night telecast told the Comey tale from start to finish.
The "20/20" interview was Comey's first since Trump fired him last May.
Trump's party via the Republican National Committee said after the ABC interview aired that Comey's publicity tour for the book reflected "his true higher loyalty is to himself", and "it's obvious Comey isn't credible". "It was my great honor to fire James Comey!". He is a weak and.
"What I found telling was what Trump and his team didn't ask. I'm just trying to do the right thing.'" And Obama replied: "I know".
- Comey writes that during the meeting he kept thinking of the New York mafia from his experience as a federal prosecutor in Manhattan, and how the Trump team's behaviour was aimed at making the intelligence community part of his group - his "Cosa Nostra".
Comey says he thinks there's "certainly some evidence of obstruction of justice" in Trump's actions.
His remit now also includes whether the President obstructed justice when he fired Mr Comey. Rosenstein harshly criticized Comey's management of the investigation and his decision to publicly announce that the Clinton investigation had been closed in July 2016. "As the greatest Nation history has known, we have the opportunity to emerge from this nightmare stronger & more committed to ensuring a better life for all Americans, including those you have so tragically deceived", Brennan wrote. "It's possible", Comey said.
Mr Comey says the days leading up to the 2016 election "sucked". "I would bet my life on that".
Comey said that after reading the White House's letter and Rosenstein's and Sessions' memos supporting his removal, he thought, "This is a lie".
You can well see why this man, who at times seems like a fretful hand-wringing goody-two-shoes and who is also possessed with sanctimonious self-belief, also drives plenty of Democrats to distraction as well as President Trump.
Comey's assertion that Trump demanded loyalty was "another of his many lies".
The firing triggered the selection of a special investigation team led by Robert Mueller. 'I think he's morally unfit to be president, ' Comey told Stephanopoulos.
Comey even describes Trump as a mob boss.running the oval office like a Godfather! "No golf and grandkids talk (give us all a break)!" tweeted Trump. Mr Trump lies constantly about matters big and small.
The book's imminent release - and the slated ABC News interview - prompted Trump to hurl a new set of insults at Comey earlier on Sunday, challenging accusations made in the book, and insisting that he never pressed Comey to be loyal to him. When she stepped down last year, Vanity Fair called her "legendary" and "the most feared woman in publishing."
"He had impressively coiffed hair, his tie was too long as it always is, he looked slightly orange up close with small white half-moons under his eyes, which I assume are from tanning goggles", he said.
Donald Trump is "morally unfit" to be president, former FBI Director James Comey said in a highly anticipated prime-time interview Sunday, adding that he couldn't rule out the possibility that the Russian government has incriminating information about the president.
- Bancos de Argentina convocaron a un nuevo paro de 48 horas
- Violó su propia legislación al atacar Siria, dice diplomático Vladímir Ermakov
- En la última jugada hubo penalti
- Los Castro se despiden del poder; Raúl Castro dejará el gobierno cubano
- Festejan Otamendi y Agüero: el City es campeón
- Motor de arranque para coches Dayco
- Vuelca auto sobre vías del Metro Línea 5
- Mariana Duque, subcampeona de dobles del WTA Bogotá Open
- Simeone supera Zidane y Luis Enrique
- Centro de EE.UU es afectado por sistema de tormentas de primavera,