Guardiola, however, has never truly adapted; the principles which served him so well with Barcelona continue to succeed to a point, evidenced by his impending seventh domestic title in nine seasons, but not in the one competition that he craves. For Sane, that was unfortunate and that was difficult to take, obviously, because I think that changed the game a little bit.
"I don't care who is in (the draw), we are there and we deserved it and so far we fought for each opportunity to get it and then used it".
Liverpool do of course have a rich Champions League history, most recently with the miraculous comeback in the 2005 Champions League final against AC Milan in Istanbul, although the Italians gained revenge in the final two years later.
"It's different to go in 1-0 at half-time to 2-0", said Guardiola, who also believed Liverpool's opener in a 3-0 first-leg win at Anfield last week should have been ruled out for offside."When the teams are so equal the impact of these decisions is so big".
At Bayern Munich, he had Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Mueller leading the attacking line in addition to a supporting cast which included Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery - and still the Bavarian side managed to ship 12 goals across three knock-out ties.
Desafío sirio a los bombardeos: "Solo aumentarán nuestra determinación a luchar"
Mientras el presidente estadounidense pronunciaba su discurso, se escucharon explosiones en Damasco , dijeron testigos Reuters . White agregó que los ataques aéreos no fueron un intento de derrocar el Gobierno del presidente Bashar al Assad .
The second goal came through some calamitous defending from Gerard Pique, who has been top class this season but, like fellow central defender Samuel Umtiti, looked dreadfully uncomfortable all night.
Pep Guardiola's relationship with the Champions League now mirrors that of Manchester City's.
UEFA announced on Wednesday that the City coach was charged with "improper conduct of the coach", adding that the case was scheduled to be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on May 31.
"We lost against Liverpool, against United and against Liverpool".
Liverpool's hard-working midfield, Henderson (first leg) and Wijnaldum (second) Milner and Oxlade-Chamberlain (both) were also key, smothering City's instinctive attempts to cut back from the byline behind the two central defenders. Yet the side didn't miss a beat.
- Gallardo desafectó a Pinola ya Ponzio para jugar contra Central
- Toluca recibe a Monterrey en semifinal de ida de Liga MX Femenil
- "Lucas Vázquez se tiró como lo hubiera hecho yo" — Maradona
- Medios internacionales lamentan el asesinato del equipo periodístico de EL COMERCIO
- No se debe criminalizar la profesión médica: Médicos
- Lo que se espera en el Tianguis Turístico 2018 en Mazatlán
- Debí marcarle dos goles más a Chicago Fire — Zlatan
- En plena jornada electoral, Cruz Roja Mexicana reparte dádivas en Edomex
- Amagan médicos con paro de labores
- Javier Solórzano, moderador del primer debate a Jefatura de Gobierno