Chelsea FC are still aiming to finish the season with a trophy, and they will take on Southampton in the FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley later this month as they look to go one step further than they did last term.
Dusan Tadic and debutant Jan Bednarek put the hosts in command, but Giroud's first league goals for Chelsea either side of Eden Hazard's equaliser cut the gap on Liverpool and Tottenham in the fight for a top-four finish to seven points.
'The players must play like this [in the second half against Southampton] in every game, not for me, but for the club, ' said Conte. She has been the difference for Chelsea this season, and has seemingly been unable to stop scoring.
The Blues have failed to live-up to expectations of the previous campaign, where they clinched the league title in the first year under the Italian manager.
Rodgers, who is looking to win back-to-back trebles with the Hoops, worked under Jose Mourinho as head youth coach of the Chelsea academy between 2004 and 2006 before becoming manager of the club's reserves. We work very hard every day.
The season has entered its business end.
Fran Kirby, Millie Bright, Ji So-yun, Maren Mjelde and Ramona Bachmann made up the shortlist, with only Manchester City's Jill Scott breaking up the wall of royal blue.
And Celtic boss Rodgers, who worked at Stamford Bridge as a coach during Jose Mourinho's first spell in charge, is also very much at the forefront of Chelsea's thinking.
Asked about his omission of Rudiger at St Mary's, Conte replied simply: "It was a tactical decision".
'I always used to say that football is an ever-lasting beginning so you always need to question yourself and in those moments the most important thing is to show some character.
- Sampaoli se reunió con jugadores del fútbol local
- Kenji declaró por más de 4 horas ante fiscalía
- Envío de Guardia Nacional fue retórica hostil — Peña Nieto
- 12 inmortales investidos al salón de la fama
- Conoce a detalle el formato del primer debate presidencial (12:00 h)
- San Antonio aguantó un tiempo ante Golden State Warriors
- Barcelona sana sus heridas en la Liga
- Neymar felicita al PSG desde Brasil
- Jimena Barón dijo que estuvo con "Delpo": "Pero no volvimos"
- El tesoro vickingo milenario que encontró un nene de 13 años