English football giants Manchester United on Monday held their training session without midfielders Paul Pogba and Ander Herrera and defenders Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind on the eve of the Champions League game against Sevilla.
"When you're in the last sixteen it looks really far, but in the last eight you start smelling the semi-finals". But nothing is decided yet.
Mourinho however, kept him as a substitute in a number of games including club's latest victory over Liverpool at Old Trafford. The hosts were sensational at the back and the result put an end to Liverpool's seven-game undefeated streak.
And following his exit to United with Inter, his 2014 Chelsea side earned a 0-0 semi-final draw away to Atletico Madrid only to then be dumped out of the competition thanks to a 3-1 second-leg loss in west London.
The first leg at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium ended in a 0-0 draw, but it was only because David De Gea made one of the saves of his career to deny Muriel a point-blank header.
Jesse Lingard, a late substitute, also echoed the manager's sentiment.
McTominay showed experience beyond his years against Liverpool.
"We will try to come up with a brace act in the mythical stadium of Old Trafford. We know it's going to be tough, but we're ready for the challenge". I saw it. He [Klopp] was very upset with his player and not at the referee.
Where is the Champions League Round of 16 match between Manchester United and Sevilla being played?
Manchester United's Marcus Rashford scores the opening goal against Liverpool at Old Trafford.
The Portuguese coach has won the Champions League twice with Porto and Inter Milan but suggested his United side are not ready to emulate those teams. Clearly targeted by Mourinho, and sadly it worked.
"Personally, taking the confidence from this game into the next games is important".
"We don't have to win three, four, five, we have to win 1-0, 2-1, 5-4, 8-7... not to win would be a disappointment", he said. One good punch late in the game was brave and decisive but apart from that was virtually a spectator. There are no away goals to be afraid or something like that. He tapped the pass with the inside of his left foot, while jumping.
"He (Martial) did train after you (reporters) left".
"Classic Mourinho, in fact".
- Estas son las primeras fotografías de la hija de Kylie Jenner
- El final de "Juego de tronos" estará repleto de muertes — Confirmado
- Notario vinculado al caso Ricardo Anaya desconoce firma y presentará denuncia
- Larry Kudlow será el nuevo asesor económico de Trump
- Man Utd poised as PSG open up to sale of €100m star
- Rescataron a un bebé de un basural
- OMG! Mhoni Vidente predijo algo impresionante sobre Eiza González
- ¿Por qué terminaron Selena Gómez y Justin Bieber?
- Criminal muere al intentar asesinar a testigo en pleno juicio — YouTube
- Higuaín marcó un gol en la victoria de la Juventus