Her father US President Donald Trump and the Olympic Committee asked her to attend, according to White House officials.
She said at Incheon airport that "we are very, very excited to attend the 2018 Olympic Winter Games to cheer for Team USA and to reaffirm our strong and enduring commitment with the people of the Republic of Korea".
South Korean officials are intent on not seeing a repeat of the tense standoff between Ms. Kim and Mr. Pence at the opening ceremony, while playing down speculation about an encounter between Ms. Trump and North Korean officials.
Her trip to South Korea has drawn inevitable comparisons with that of the sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, whose attention-grabbing visit at the start of the Games was regarded as a diplomatic success for the North. South Korean officials arranged a later meeting between the two, American officials said, but the North Koreans pulled out at the last minute.
The entity stressed that if those two countries act in such selfish manner against the aspiration of the Korean nation for peace and reunification with an environment of world support to this end, they will only generate their isolation.
North Korea intelligence chief Gen Kim, who is the former head of Pyongyang's spy agency the Reconnaissance General Bureau, will arrive in the South on Sunday with an eight-member delegation.
Sectores de Panamá centro sin agua este martes por reparación de tubería
La unidad de contingencia habilitará carros cisternas para abastecer a las clínicas y hospitales que requieran el llenado de los tanques de reserva.
The Pyeongchang Olympics have seen a charm offensive by the North, which sent leader Kim Jong Un's sister to the opening ceremony as it seeks to loosen sanctions against it and weaken the alliance between Seoul and Washington.
"Even if she does not carry messages from her father, her remarks can give a clue to grasping what the Trump administration really thinks".
That could lead to some awkward scenes as North Korea is also sending a high-level delegation to attend the closing. About half of it on accommodation and about $50,000 each on meals and transportation, the Unification Ministry said.
While the games appear to have paved the way for possible rapprochement between the Koreas, U.S. and North Korean officials have yet to make direct contact.
South Korean conservatives are outraged that Kim Yong Chol is being allowed to visit the South.
Kim is widely blamed for a spate of attacks against the South including the torpedoing almost eight years ago of the Seoul's Cheonan corvette, with the loss of 46 lives.
- Creía que el veganismo la había curado del cáncer pero murió
- Santiago Arias marca gol en el triunfo del PSV sobre el Feyenoord
- Nico Cartosio shared the details about his sensational work "Christmas on the moon"
- Federer moves within 1 win of breaking Agassi record
- Arsenal FC manager Arsene Wenger rues defensive errors, takes swipe at VAR
- Chile conquistó las dos competencias del Festival de Viña
- Unión no se sacó diferencias con Colón y empató — Clásico santafesino
- Miguel Layún recibe críticas en derrota del Sevilla
- Seúl dice que Pyongyang tiene voluntad de dialogar con Washington
- ¿Crack o tronco? Di María se animó a bailar Scooby Doo PaPa