Cycling's international governing body (UCI) still has to make a ruling on the case and has asked Froome to explain why twice the allowed limit showed up in his sample.
Martin's view was shared by Philippe Gilbert, who said that Froome should respect his fellow riders and not race while the investigation was ongoing.
Chris Froome promised to prove his innocence as he spoke in public today for the first time since it was revealed that he had returned an adverse finding in a drug test conducted last year. "Let's hope it doesn't get that far, but I'm still allowed to race now - so yeah, I don't see why not". Froome was able to sign some autographs, answer a few questions and ride off into the sunshine.
"They were all racing in the meantime until they got to the end of their processes. No one wants this resolved more fast than I do", added the 32-year-old Briton.
Federer quedó a dos escalones de reconquistar el número uno
Antes, el belga David Goffin , número 7 del mundo, eliminó sin excesivos problemas al español Feliciano López (37º) en la segunda ronda por 6-1 y 6-3.
After speaking to press, Froome then rolled out for the start of the first stage of the Ruta del Sol, a lumpy 197.6km stage from Mijas to Granada.
Froome's return received some criticism from riders, a little skepticism from the few fans there and a couple of tough questions from reporters; at the Grand Tours all that will be magnified a hundred fold.
For now Froome rides in the Spanish sunshine, but there is a heavy cloud hanging over him which will become a damaging storm as his case drags on.
"On balance I think it's the right thing to do; for Chris to continue, and us to work in the background to support him and demonstrate there's been no wrongdoing". Whatever the future verdict, Froome can expect to be the center of intense attention, from the media, the fans and cycling professionals in his first race since the news of his test result.
"Nobody is denying it's not a challenging situation but equally it's only fair at this point that everybody abides by the process and the process totally allows somebody to race". Sky has not yet submitted the scientific evidence which might justify Froome's abnormal sample.
- Cambio de regla permitió escuchar "Despacito" en Pyeongchang
- Médicos sin Fronteras reconoce abusos sexuales de 24 empleados
- Firmino vows to make Porto suffer as Liverpool forward issues warning
- Barcelona have 'discarded' Liverpool's Sadio Mane, seems quite bitter — From Catalonia
- Animadoras norcoreanas, la sensación en PyeongChang 2018
- Los mensajes de San Valentín de Wanda Nara y Mauro Icardi
- En oposición holandeses contra la ley de donación de órganos
- Marjorie insiste en llevarse a Matías a EU
- Una estudiante desmiembra a su novio
- Condenado a dos cadenas perpetuas el autor del atentado en Chelsea