The A330-200 had an issue with one of its two engines.
Air flight DL055 (ATL) ETG on noticing the fire, contacted the control tower to make preparation for an emergency landing.
It eventually landed at 11:16pm, with the passengers evacuated within 90 seconds through the emergency exits.
Five of the passengers, however, sustained injuries during the evacuation.
Delta officials confirm an Atlanta-bound flight from Lagos, Nigeria was forced to turn back Tuesday after the plane experienced engine issues.
Delta Air confirmed the development in a statement.
Preliminar: asesinan a balazos a tres personas en Sierra Sur
Abraham Ramírez Vásquez, líder indígena originario de Santiago Xanica, fue encarcelado de 2004 a 2011 por órdenes de José Murat Casab, padre del actual gobernador.
It was also observed that "the incident led to the closure of the runway as the Delta Aircraft was on the Runway for over 1hour thereby preventing KLM, Lufthansa and Air France already positioned for taking off from departing".
Meanwhile, other passengers have been taken to another hotel and the flight has been rescheduled for a later date yet to be announced.
"Delta is aware of five customers reporting non-critical injuries as a result of the evacuation", adds Delta.
The Airline in a statement said, "the flight landed safely and customers exited the aircraft on the runway via emergency slides", and that "airport fire authorities met the aircraft upon arrival".
"The safety of Delta's customers and crew members is always our top priority", the company concluded.
- El panista Gil Zuarth anuncia su retiro de la vida política
- Se registra un incendio forestal en el Cerro San Cristóbal
- Israel inicia el juicio militar contra la menor palestina Ahed Tamimi
- El partido gobernante le exigió la renuncia al presidente
- Impugna Corral ley de seguridad
- Triple crimen conmociona a pobladores de Mendoza en Argentina
- Maestra es despedida de escuela católica por haberse casado con una mujer
- Encuentran a 54 delfines varados en una playa — México
- Precio del diesel aumentó 4.1% en un año
- Juan Díaz de la Torre, nuevo presidente del SNTE