The A330-200 had an issue with one of its two engines.
Air flight DL055 (ATL) ETG on noticing the fire, contacted the control tower to make preparation for an emergency landing.
It eventually landed at 11:16pm, with the passengers evacuated within 90 seconds through the emergency exits.
Five of the passengers, however, sustained injuries during the evacuation.
Delta officials confirm an Atlanta-bound flight from Lagos, Nigeria was forced to turn back Tuesday after the plane experienced engine issues.
Delta Air confirmed the development in a statement.
It was also observed that "the incident led to the closure of the runway as the Delta Aircraft was on the Runway for over 1hour thereby preventing KLM, Lufthansa and Air France already positioned for taking off from departing".
Meanwhile, other passengers have been taken to another hotel and the flight has been rescheduled for a later date yet to be announced.
"Delta is aware of five customers reporting non-critical injuries as a result of the evacuation", adds Delta.
The Airline in a statement said, "the flight landed safely and customers exited the aircraft on the runway via emergency slides", and that "airport fire authorities met the aircraft upon arrival".
"The safety of Delta's customers and crew members is always our top priority", the company concluded.
- Se registra un incendio forestal en el Cerro San Cristóbal
- Invitan al miércoles de ceniza
- Israel inicia el juicio militar contra la menor palestina Ahed Tamimi
- Azulejos retirarán número de Halladay al inicio de campaña
- Preliminar: asesinan a balazos a tres personas en Sierra Sur
- Construye EU la embajada más costosa del mundo en México
- Impugna Corral ley de seguridad
- Juan Díaz de la Torre, nuevo presidente del SNTE
- Viola a jovencita mientras se moría de sobredosis, además lo presume
- Encuentran a 54 delfines varados en una playa — México