It might also be the first Sony phone on the market with a dual camera, and if that's the case, we're looking forward to seeing how Sony's implementation differs from all the others.
The Nokia 9 will most likely be the high-end flagship device by the company.
Both smartphones are set to be powered by either Samsung's own Exynos 9810 chipset or Qualcomm's latest high-end Snapdragon 845 processor. It will include an internal storage of 128GB.
After Asus, Samsung, Nokia, and Huawei, it is LG who has verified its attendance at the forthcoming MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2018 event, which will began in Barcelona, Spain on February 25, 2018. Its bigger brother, the Galaxy S9+, should have a 6.2-inch screen, 6GB of RAM and a dual, vertically oriented camera on the back. The phone comes with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels.
Although Huawei has a press conference (Sunday at 2 p.m. CET, 1 p.m. GMT, and 8 a.m. ET), the company is not expected to show off any of its flagship phones.
The Nokia 9 may additionally feature an iris scanner and fingerprint scanner, and is said to have an extra 2GB of RAM over the Nokia 8. The Finnish company launched a number of smartphones at the event, but its reboot of the 3310 - the indestructible phone from our childhood that came with Snake installed - ended up hogging all the limelight.
The big changes with the S9 and S9+ are the cameras.
Dubbed Vision AI and Voice AI, the enhanced AI camera and voice features will be featured in the LG V30 (2018).
The current top dog in India, Xiaomi, is rumoured to be launching its Mi Mix 2S, which is also stepping to Snapdragon 845 and may finally enter the artificial intelligence game.
There isn't much detail that hasn't already leaked on the new Galaxy phones.
Nokia 7 Plus is likely to feature dual rear cameras from Carl Zeiss with 12-megapixel and 13-megapixel sensors. The company will have a chip in a new 2-in-1 device that will be doing a 5G livestream from the show. And this year, it's smartphones. The Nokia 9 is tipped to take the Android-powered Nokia smartphone lineup to a different level altogether. However, the MWC has always been about smartphones, tablets, and telecommunication technology, in general. That's alright because they'll also be the best-selling Android phones of 2018 by a wide margin. Here's a look at some of the things we know are coming to the show next week.
Both devices are dustproof and waterproof up to 3m for an hour, and their screens are optimised for outdoor use, meaning they are still legible in direct sunlight.
Mobile World Congress is the world's largest gathering for the smartphone industry.
- Sunat: Devolución de impuestos se depositará en abril
- El PJ presidirá la comisión que tratará el desafuero de Cristina Kirchner
- Ecuador y Colombia crearán frente para cuidar la frontera
- Presidente Maduro conducirá personalmente Ejercicio de Acción Defensiva Multidimensional Independencia 2018
- No te pierdas la exposición de Caravaggio en México
- NRA's Wayne LaPierre bashes media over Florida school shooting in CPAC speech
- Con fotos, acusan a More Rial de maltrato animal
- Las últimas imágenes que publicó Nahir Galarza antes de cometer el crimen
- Reportan balazos en Facultad de Ingeniería de CU
- Violencia se ha agravado durante gobierno de Peña: Amnistía Internacional