Real Madrid now look unlikely to sign anyone in the current transfer window and that is exactly how Zinedine Zidane wants it. Even though Los Blancos are flailing in La Liga, the Frenchman is happy with the players he has at his disposal.
The forward has 422 goals in 418 appearances since joining Real from Manchester United in 2009 but has scored only four times in LaLiga this season.
If Zidane were to sit at his desk, pen in hand, and trace down the LaLiga table, Deportivo would be among the teams he would mark with an asterisk as ideal opposition.
The Portugal captain reportedly wants a deal that will see his wage rise to around €50million a year. The Portuguese star has not been averse to suggesting in the past that he could seek pastures new, only to be placated with a new and improved contract from bosses in the Spanish capital.
The Portugal international joined Real Madrid in 2009 from Manchester United for a record €94 million.
According to Don Balon, Real are planning to make major changes to their squad at the end of the season.
Luckily for the 32-year-old, he is being linked with a massive-money return to Manchester United which would help him shoot back up the rankings. If the player became available - that is still an 'if' - and if he was open to a move to China - a bigger 'if' - there would be serious interest.
Meanwhile, other clubs are moving to strengthen this month.
It has been widely speculated that should the Red Devils have been waiting for a return of CR7, they would have kept the no.7 shirt vacant for their former star.
Since the summer, and the departures of Morata and James particularly, Zidane's plans have been thrown into disarray.
Tianjin finished last season in third place under Fabio Cannavaro and qualified for the Asian Champions League.
"With respect to the others, he doesn't have the competition to feel worried".
It could be a huge summer for Old Trafford fans.
Just as night follows day, covetous glances about a new contract for eternal rival Lionel Messi at Barcelona or rising criticism pointed towards his own performances sees stories conveniently pop up in the Spanish press.
- Odebrecht: PJ revocó prisión preventiva a representantes de consorciadas
- Denunció que echaron a su hijo de un pelotero "por ser gordo"
- Sergi Roberto renueva con Barcelona hasta 2022
- Kim Kardashian y Kanye West revelaron el nombre de su tercer bebé
- En 2017 alcanzó U$S 22.148 millones — Fuga de capitales
- Breaking Bad celebra diez años desde su estreno con importante inauguración
- Caos en Europa por intensa tormenta invernal
- Confirman desmantelamiento de grupo terrorista en Venezuela
- Playing in heat was a risk, says Monfils
- Este viernes se hace efectivo el pago del bono a mujeres embarazadas