Christian Pulisic has become one of the hottest names in the United States, and the 19-year-old attacker is drawing buzz from some of England's top clubs, according to the Independent. Liverpool are also interested in the Borussia Dortmund wonderkid, and a head-to-head battle seems to be brewing up for the player. Liverpool are one of the suitors that have been in pursuit of Pulisic for a long time, and the Reds have now been joined by Manchester United in the race to sign him. At 28, Samuel Eto'o had won a Champions League crown and was on the verge of another with Barcelona, had recorded a podium finish in the Ballon d'Or stakes, and was the most feared striker in Europe.
Respected football journalist Raphael Honigstein told The Totally Football Podcast that he'd be very surprised if Liverpool didn't come in heavily for Pulisic in the summer.
Pulisic jokes that Stoger's Austrian dialect is hard to understand - "I have to concentrate really hard" - but there's little doubt that the 51-year-old's more pragmatic defensive setup has yielded some instant stability.
On September 2, 2016 he became the youngest American player to score a goal in World Cup qualifying history at 17 years, 349 days. "Luckily, I wasn't the only player from a team not to qualify".
Pulisic has played in all 16 games (14 starts) for Dortmund this season in the Bundesliga, scoring three goals and recording one assist.
"I've come into a bigger role with the national team, but the environment here [with Dortmund] definitely helps", he says.
Jose Mourinho has set his sights on securing a winger this season after the club's failure to complete a deal for Ivan Perisic.
His unique combination of skill and marketability in the world's biggest economy have established him as a key strategic talent for the biggest clubs.
"Don't look for it to happen in the January transfer window, but rather in the summer", Wahl said last month.
"It's not about completely restarting".
"We were missing his position and that's why we called him up", Klopp said in a press conference.
- Stephen Hawking advierte sobre el cambio climático
- Serios incidentes en protestas contra políticas de austeridad — Túnez
- Migración de EU realiza operativos contra indocumentados en 7Eleven
- Premier League: Chelsea manager Antonio Conte reveals yoga helps him relax
- Manchester United heading to Dubai
- Fiscal denunció desfalco a la Gobernación de Aragua de Bs.14 millardos
- La NASA fotografía gigantescas capas de hielo en Marte
- Presidente surcoreano dispuesto para celebrar Cumbre con Corea del Norte
- Niega que su embajador en Panamá renunció por diferencias con Trump
- Bolsa Mexicana cae por toma de utilidades