The 26-year-old has been identified by Jurgen Klopp as a replacement for Philippe Coutinho and Liverpool have cash to spend following the Brazilian's £142million move to the Camp Nou.
Jose Mourinho's club reached out yesterday to the Gunners, testing the water over whether they would be willing to accept £25million for the Chile forward.
Riyad Mahrez won't consider a move to Arsenal given the north London club's dramatic regression, according to former Chelsea midfielder Dennis Wise..
According to Don Balon, the Barcelona boss has been forced by chiefs to take Gomes off his list of available players.
Arsenal really is the natural fit for Mahrez, where he could play in the same position as Sanchez but be more of a creator for Alexandre Lacazette than Sanchez is.
"Insiders are concerned that Arsenal could try to delay the deal, as they did during the summer when they only became receptive to offers in the final three days of the transfer window, but there is a cautious optimism that they will get their man this time around", he added.
"I don't think Mahrez would want to go there", Wise told The Debate on Sky Sports on Wednesday night.
Benzema has failed to show his best form this term and that has coincided with Real slipping 16 points adrift of La Liga leaders Barcelona.
Jurgen Klopp now has a hole to plug in his side, with various options being mooted as those at Anfield prepare to dip into the January market.
Real boss Zinedine Zidane is known to be a huge fan of his compatriot and has resisted past attempts to sell him.
Mahrez has seven goals to his name in the current campaign and a further seven assists.
- La "entangada" y encendida reflexión estética de Cande Tinelli
- Pyongyang propone un encuentro con Seúl para tratar visita de banda musical
- Fundador de Amazon hace millonaria donación en becas para Dreamers
- AMLO acudió a Duarte para que lo defendiera: Yunes Linares
- Detective Pikachu llegará localizado a occidente junto con amiibo extra grande
- Llegan los globos con harta diversión a Super Mario Odyssey
- Revés para Carlos Zannini
- Alabama Crimson Tide's domination not likely to end soon — College Football Playoffs
- Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) to launch in India on January 20th
- Marcus Morris takes exception to 'cheapshot' from Ben Simmons