Much has been made of how Klopp will look to replace Coutinho but while Guardiola believes Barcelona have themselves a fine player he doesn't think the side he has left behind will be much the poorer for his absence. It is mentioned that terms of a transfer are being discussed between Liverpool and Mahrez's camp.
"It would have been very difficult if we say - and we could have done of course with his contract - 'You have a contract and you have to stay here'".
Klopp may have been able to do something similar but unfortunately never had the opportunity, as Lallana picked up a serious injury in preseason and by the time he was ready to come back into the starting lineup, Coutinho already had one foot out of the exit door and was unavailable for selection.
"We lost plenty of players at Dortmund". You need to react. It's about the atmosphere in the club.
Liverpool had hoped to at least postpone Coutinho's departure until the summer but failed in their attempts to keep the 25-year-old at the club, with Klopp admitting on Friday that there was "100 per cent no chance" of him staying for the second half of the season. Luckily, Simon Hughes has the inside track on why he's decided to leave now, and what that means for both Barcelona and Liverpool, as well as Jürgen Klopp. Carragher claims they, therefore, don't need to "panic buy" and can wait before making a big signing. "We have our eyes open in this window but we won't do crazy things", he said.
The Reds begin life without Coutinho in Sunday's Premier League encounter with City, having finally sold the Brazil international to Barcelona earlier this week.
An attacking midfielder, who can also play on the wing, Lanzini is a gifted footballer who has great close control and technical ability.
"He's doing fantastically well".
"If nothing happens in this moment, Mo is back, he is training completely normally", Klopp concluded. He's there, we are still here and we have to deal with the situation.
"Van Dijk will make them more solid".
"If you are not brave in the things you do, you have another problem", he said. They can go to the market and Jurgen [Klopp] knows exactly what he has to do with his team.
He continues in this manner and begins to shake a bottle to the beat.
"It's interesting to play against City".
"Ok, he chose to move to Barca, it's not a bad choice to be fair!"
- La escalofriante confesión de joven que asesinó a su exnovio — Argentina
- Capturan en México a panameño que lideraba banda narcotraficante
- Chile: incendian iglesias y envían amenazas ante llegada del Papa Francisco
- Fecha, horario, canal de TV y dónde ver online — Liverpool-Manchester City
- More than 40 People Remain Missing after the Mudslides in California
- Iran Will Commit to Nothing beyond Nuclear Deal — Foreign Ministry
- Incendio en centro cultural de Portugal deja ocho personas fallecidas
- Mototaxi se metió a la vía del Dakar detrás de Peterhansel — Twitter
- Man Utd Look To Bring Former Star Back To Old Trafford — Reports
- Caen acciones de Facebook por las modificaciones anunciadas