Initial coin offerings, however, "you have to look at individually", he said in the interview.
After his comments earned him a position as one of the more reviled figures among the crypto community, Dimon claimed he was "not going to talk about Bitcoin anymore". Strong growth is only expected to continue, as some economists are anticipating stronger fourth-quarter growth figures following the passage of the GOP tax reform bill.
I reckon this is the go-to line for everyone who wants to seem smart but doesn't understand Bitcoin.
"I just have a different opinion than other people".
At that time of the comments, the price of Bitcoin was approaching $5000 from under $1000 at the beginning of the year.
"The [issue with] bitcoin was always, to me, what the governments are going to feel about bitcoin when it gets really big", said Dimon.
"The economy is doing quite well", Dimon told Fox Business's Maria Bartiromo Tuesday.
In September, Mr Dimon said that he would sack JPMorgan workers if he found them trading in the cryptocurrency.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis economists released a prediction last week that could give Dimon's predictions some more credibility.
On Tuesday, the market capitalization of the global cryptocurrency sector hit $734.98 billion.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are those of the author and may not reflect those of Kitco Metals Inc. The blockchain technology could disrupt the industry. "It's going to have a huge cumulative effect". (Nasdaq: AMTD) hopes that cryptocurrencies (since they're not risky at all, right?) will be the key to pushing younger investors into the stock market.
The cryptocurrency has fallen from its most recent peak in mid-December when it touched nearly $20,000 on some exchanges, though is still up significantly from the $900 mark it was sitting at one year ago in January 2017.
At the time, the company announced plans to purchase 1,000 Bitcoin mining rigs after a large capital raise.
- Vietto revivió en Valencia con un hat-trick
- NKorea in Winter Olympics Won't Affect US Participation — WH
- Llegada de turistas extranjeros se incrementó en un 14,3% durante 2017
- Y después del premio... así celebró Guillermo del Toro su Golden Globe
- La impunidad frustra a los mexicanos: OCDE
- Caimanes 'incrustados' en el hielo de infierno invernal en EE.UU
- Astronauta japonés creció 9 centímetros durante tres semanas en el espacio
- Pemex investiga a empleados por robo de combustible
- Coutinho completes move to Barcelona
- Nery Domínguez pasa de Independiente a Racing