While quarterback Carson Wentz watched from the sideline in street clothes, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles led his team to a 15-10 victory over the visiting Atlanta Falcons at Lincoln Financial Field on Saturday to advance to the NFC Championship. We believe in anybody lining up back there at quarterback.
As Ryan sprinted out right to make the play, Jones slipped to the ground. Philadelphia, the top seed in the NFC, advances and will host the victor of the Saints-Vikings game Sunday in Minneapolis. We don't care what anybody else says.
"The guys are going to motivate themselves just based on what they've heard for the last month of football".
Receiver Alshon Jeffery said of Foles: "We never doubted him". "We'll watch, hope we see a good game, and prepare for whoever we play next". "And I understand, Carson's a great player, but every week our guys are hearing the same thing, that now we are all of a sudden not good enough. We believe we still have 21 other guys out there".
"It just didn't work out", Ryan said of the final play during his post-game press conference, "and that's disappointing".
"Damn right", Quinn said after the game when asked if he felt confident in Ryan on that fourth down.
Triumphant and proud, Foles could not go two feet in the locker room without someone stopping him. "For now, it's just tough".
Nick Foles completed a pair of third down passes to extend the drive and coach Doug Pederson called a timeout on fourth-and-1 from the 3 before electing to let Elliott kick the field goal.
"I just feel like I could've executed a lot better today", Ajayi said. "The Eagles brought me in and I'm going to keep working and show I belong".
The Falcons, last year's NFC champions, had trouble getting off the field in the second half. The Eagles took over on downs and ran out the clock for the victory. That turned a 10-9 halftime deficit into a 15-10 Eagles lead, but it clearly left the door open. Ryan did his best Brett Favre impression to spin away from pressure before lobbing a short pass to a crossing Devonta Freeman for a six-yard score.
JAKE'S LEG: Elliott, who joined the Eagles after Caleb Sturgis was injured in Week 1, bounced back after missing his fourth extra point of the season by connecting on all three of his field goals. The first turnover came on their second offensive play. Nick Foles recovered his own fumble for an apparent touchdown that was later overturned on replay.
Foles played poorly in the final two games of the regular season against Oakland and Dallas, and because of that, many people wrote the Eagles off before Saturday's game.
- El FC Barcelona quiere conquistar Colombia con el fichaje de Yerry Mina
- How lawmakers in immigration meeting responded to Trump's comments
- Santos activa operación militar en la región del Pacífico
- Real Madrid registra su peor inicio de liga en 13 años
- Yerri Mina fue presentado oficialmente como nuevo jugador del Barcelona
- Intel says performance impact of security updates not significant
- "Espero aprender mucho de estas grandes figuras en el Barcelona" — Yerry Mina
- Mario Testino está en la mira por presuntos actos de acoso sexual
- Book released early: US president threaten to sue
- Sismo de magnitud 7.3 grados sacude Perú; no hay reporte de víctimas