The Senegal international is yet to start a Premier League game for the Hammers this season, scoring four goals in the 17 games he has featured in this term. "There is bound to be conflicting reports", Hodgson told reporters.
Their results have improved since Roy Hodgson took charge but form of star striker Christian Benteke, who has just one league goal, suggests the Eagles would benefit from another attacking threat.
It would probably be in Moyes' best interest to make a move for the player this month in order to avoid such a situation in the summer, but it remains to be seen just who the new boss will try to bring in for his side.
However, while acknowledging that he needs to strengthen before the end of the month, Hodgson says that he is reluctant to get "tied down" with too many players.
Sakho has now been given permission to hold talks with Palace and undergo a medical at Selhurst Park. "We have known almost from the moment I came to the club that we were light in certain areas".
Crystal Palace are also looking to agree a deal for the signing of Oumar Niasse over the coming days, with West Ham willing to sell for about £13m according to the Evening Standard.
"It is better to keep quiet on the subject", he concluded.
- Sacramento bookstores experience 'unprecedented' demand for Trump tell-all
- Trump Gets 'Excellent Health' Report from Physician
- Fed Pays $80.2 Billion to Treasury
- Cuatro muertos y 30 heridos en un accidente múltiple en Brasil
- Nadal downs Thiem in surprise exhibition
- Leche contaminada con salmonella continúa vendiéndose en supermercados — Francia
- El único responsable de las protestas es usted mismo — Guanipa a Maduro
- Corea del Sur plantea celebrar una cumbre con Corea del Norte
- Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer earn top two seeds for Australian Open
- Controversial book 'Fire and Fury' sells out in Austin