United's bitter rivals, City have been frontrunners for the signature of the Chilean superstar but are still stalling on a fee with Arsenal, and our latest interest in the 29-year-old could spark a bidding war with the noisy neighbours.
At this stage, pleading for Sanchez to stay at Arsenal is a bit of a lost cause - especially since he has good reasons for leaving. I think Sanchez provides the quality, the goals and the world-class ability he has got. This is a guy completely focussed on playing football. "Normally you should stay until the end of the season but we will see".
Asked about the matter at his latest press conference, Guardiola said: "I understand completely this question, I understand you are doing your job, but you know my answer". "Look, it's the case now", Wenger replied.
The transfers that never were. "Yes, of course", he said.
"If you want to achieve something good, win titles, you have to not just win but win at these kind of stages".
"All I can say is that Sanchez is a phenomenal player, apart from that, an Arsenal player, and I feel I shouldn't say much more than this".
"At the general level, I can say I told you myself, the Manchester United owners don't believe in the January market".
Wenger added: "Is Alexis replaceable in the way that we find exactly the same players?" Jose Mourinho has targeted Sanchez as well but might be a bit too late as the Chilean's reunion with the Spanish boss seems more favourable.
It was suggested fierce competition between City and United over the services of the former Barcelona forward could be to Arsenal's advantage, but the manager gave little indication an auction is underway behind the scenes.
They'll even go as far as giving up Henrikh Mkhitaryan on top of cash, meaning Sanchez is left with a choice of forcing through a move to City or jumping to the team happy to pay the big money. That is what I want to speak (about). Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal, Sead Kolasinac and Olivier Giroud remain out.
- Detenida en Alemania por vender violaciones a su hijo
- Millonarios confirmó la salida del arquero Nicolás Vikonis
- "Llevaba seis meses esperando este momento" — Volvió Djokovic
- Breitbart chairman Steve Bannon steps down amid ongoing fallout from Trump attack
- Un koala apareció muerto y atornillado a un poste — Desagradable
- Reanudan la búsqueda del avión de Malaysia Airlines que desapareció en 2014
- Walmart aumenta salarios pero cierra tiendas Sam's Club
- Gobiernos regionales comprarán excedente de papa por S/1.5 millones
- Obrador es un "nini" y Anaya un 'guía de turistas': Meade
- Conviértete en un supersayajin con las adidas de Dragon Ball Z