Specialists from the Zurich Forensic Institute are investigating what caused the battery to overheat. Police, fire services, and an ambulance were called in to investigate and tend to victims.
"According to Zurich City police, the device suddenly exploded for an unknown reason as it was being removed by a repair worker on Tuesday, burning his hand slightly".
"At the same time, there was a build-up of smoke, resulting in customers and employees having to leave the business temporarily", a police statement said. Seven people received medical treatment but did not need to be hospitalised.
"The staff responded well and correctly", police said. "It sprinkled quartz sand over the overheated battery so that the smoke could be contained and sucked out after switching on the ventilation", Reuters cited Switzerland local police statement.
- Cuatro muertos y un herido en la autopista México-Tuxpan
- Intentan incendiar la casa del periodista asesinado en Veracruz
- Zach Randolph will play Monday night as Kings face off against Spurs
- Neymar Rated World's Most Valuable Star, Ronaldo Drops To 49th
- Abuchean a Trump en la final del futbol americano colegial
- Ecuador explora mediación para resolver "insostenible" situación de Assange
- Twitter erupts — Oprah for President
- "Creí en tu palabra y vos cambiaste de opinión" — Pagani a Tevez
- Trump Administration Won't Allow Offshore Drilling Near Florida
- Apple faces 26+ lawsuits for slowing down older iPhones