The electronics giant urged consumers and businesses to check with operating system vendors and device manufacturers for updates.
Meanwhile, the security flaw in Intel's chips makes it vulnerable to hacking.
And you may need to do that more than once because Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Intel will continue to release new fixes as new information about these flaws emerges. "Based on the analysis to date, many types of computing devices - with many different vendors' processors and operating systems - are susceptible to these exploits". At the time, it was believed that this was an issue unique to Intel.
Named Meltdown, the vulnerability in Intel chips could let any program access sensitive information on the computer, including passwords, the researchers found. However, this patch will slow down your processor quite a bit.
Preemptively loading lists of instructions leaves the data vulnerable to attack from hackers or malicious code.
Intel processors in the last two decades are almost all affected by the fundamental mechanism used in the operation of the exploit, while only a some of AMD's processors are affected. Microsoft was quick to address these issues and immediately released a series of patches for systems running Windows 10, but in its haste, the company forgot to provide clear notes on what exactly these patches can fix.
"Programmers are scrambling to overhaul the open-source Linux kernel's virtual memory system".
While hackers are known for exploiting weaknesses in software, this hardware weakness will likely have a lasting impact on the tech firms who produce processing chips. All of the patches should be out next week.
Amazon informed its customers of its AWS cloud services about the vulnerability being present for more than 20 years in modern processor architectures such as Intel, ARM, and AMD across servers, mobile devices, and desktops.
- "Espero aprender mucho de estas grandes figuras en el Barcelona" — Yerry Mina
- How lawmakers in immigration meeting responded to Trump's comments
- Con puro gol mexicano, León le pega al Toluca
- Santos activa operación militar en la región del Pacífico
- Yerri Mina fue presentado oficialmente como nuevo jugador del Barcelona
- El FC Barcelona quiere conquistar Colombia con el fichaje de Yerry Mina
- Book released early: US president threaten to sue
- Atacan a cuatro iglesias católicas en Chile
- Intel says performance impact of security updates not significant
- Peña Nieto encabezó la 29 reunión de embajadores y cónsules