"I will always be indebted to the club for giving me the opportunity to play in the Premier League and despite a difficult last few months I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Saints and have made friends for life at the club", said Van Dijk, who joined Southampton from Celtic in 2015 for a reported 13 million pounds ($22.4 million).
Oxford is currently on loan at Borussia Monchengladbach from West Ham and although the club do want to make it permanent they have made no offer yet, which could allow Leipzig to swoop in. I see him as one of the top European defenders.
Van Dijk will complete his move to Anfield on January 1, ending a prolonged chase for the £75 million defender.
The player hasn't even been in the squad for the last couple of games.
"The perfect situation is [that] for both sides it is really good, or nearly perfect - for the player and the club".
"But I think it's great business for Liverpool".
GETTY Jupp Heynckes is expected to step down at Bayern at the end of the season
Salah, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain and the Dutch ace were all on the agenda ages before Neymar's game-changing departure for Paris Saint-Germain prompted Barca to bring forward their long-term intention to pursue Coutinho.
Once the move goes through on Monday it will finally bring to end a transfer saga that has dragged on for the past eight months. He's probably not had his best first half of the season in Southampton.
Liverpool have done plenty of recon in the centre of the park, where there are several strong options that marry with their stylistic demands.
'That's actually the job to do and what the owners and supporters are asking for.
Following Liverpool's long-running pursuit of the 26-year-old Netherlands centre back, Southampton announced on Wednesday it accepted the record fee ahead of the January transfer window opening.
There has been no shortage of defensive assessment too, where Jose Gimenez, Aymeric Laporte and Manuel Akanji are just three attractive candidates. It's as simple as that.
Who could line up next to Virgil van Dijk?
- Comparisons to Messi hurt Dybala (2)
- Odebrecht: "Con certeza apoyamos a Toledo, García, Humala ya Keiko"
- Eliminan el impuesto para automóviles de gama media
- Cobre: Racha alcista es la más prolongada en 30 años
- ¿Dónde juega Messi? Ése es el equipo favorito para ganar la Champions
- Ortigoza ficha por Rosario Central
- Técnico de Rangers aceptaría la salida de Gullit Peña
- Tradiciones navideñas en Venezuela se ven amenazadas este año
- Ricardo Gareca es finalista al premio Mejor Entrenador de América
- Paredes y Rivero habrían pedido aumento de sueldo en caso de llegar Lucas Barrios