Republicans control the House by a comfortable margin, while even many Democrats are lukewarm or cold to the idea of impeachment.
Al Green (D-TX) said on Tuesday that he will bring the articles to the floor for a vote on Wednesday, adding that prominent Democratic leaders have asked to meet with him to discuss the bill. "It causes unparalleled destruction to our society in the long- and short-term that will not easily heal".
Texas Democrat Al Green introduced two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump in the House earlier today, and while 364 representatives voted to kill the resolution, 58 Democrats voted to proceed. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called impeachment a waste of time and energy, while Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) urged patience for frustrated Democrats who wanted to bring impeachment proceedings against Trump.
"Their time would be better spent focusing on tax relief for American families and businesses, and working to fund our troops and veterans through the holiday season rather than threaten a government shutdown". The president blamed both sides for the violence, including counter-protesters, sparking criticism from many who saw it as an equivocal response.
Green will use that process to make the House consider his articles of impeachment, which argue that Trump has "brought shame and dishonor to the office of the president" by "sowing discord among the people of the United States". The special counsel's investigation is moving forward as well, and those inquiries should be allowed to continue.
House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley also voted against the impeachment.
"I will tell them I refuse to sit on the sidelines while the world is considering one of the great issues of our time", Green said.
"Any discussion of impeachment before the completion of Robert Mueller's investigation is premature and not in the best interest of our nation", Correa said. "And I know that this is a bumpy road", Green said on C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" Wednesday morning. Most top Democrats have dismissed talk of impeachment. "But sometimes, it's more important to follow your heart than do the practical or political calculation", he said.
"I love my country".
- Roma beat Chelsea to top spot — Champions League
- Crisis en ShowMatch: Pampita amenazó con renunciar si no pagan los sueldos
- Tarata: Abimael Guzmán fue expulsado nuevamente de audiencia
- Revisa el cartel completo de la Cumbre del Rock Chileno 2018
- Trump isn't deciding who controls East Jerusalem — Haley
- Su galgo perdió una carrera y lo reventó contra el piso — Indignante
- DOJ investigating texts between FBI officials after anti-Trump messages found
- "Sé que Nicole discute bastante con Moyano" — Fabián Cubero
- ExxonMobil abrirá 50 gasolineras en México
- Simeone supera Zidane y Luis Enrique