Moana was the top movie of the year, followed by Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Wonder Woman, Apple said.
Apple just revealed the most popular apps of 2017 and Snap nabbed the top two spots on the list, beating out Facebook, Google, and Netflix.
Recode reported that the company increased its political lobbying effort earlier this year with a view to drawing political attention to what it argues are discriminatory measures.
Apple said its editors and curators identified four breakout trends in app culture in 2017: the introduction of augmented reality, the rise of real-time competitive gaming, apps that transform storytelling and reading and those that focus on mental health and mindfulness. If you've been keeping up with the App Store regularly throughout 2017, many of the top apps and games should look familiar to you, but there are some surprises as well.
Last year's app of the year winner was Prisma, which transforms ordinary iPhone photos into artwork in the style of the masters of the art world. It seems like Apple is not interested in Internet radio any more, as it has added the option to switch off the feature completely, notes AppleInsider.
Track downloads collapsed 24% in the US in the first half of this year, while digital albums slipped 20%. Photo-editing app Affinity Photo was Apple's top iPad app of the year and puzzler The Witness was the No. 1 iPad game. The game is available for free. Unsurprisingly, Super Mario Run leads Apple's list of US best-selling mobile games after prevailing in Google's contest for the most downloaded new Android game of the year too.
"Hillbilly Elegy" topped the nonfiction charts, leading a wave of titles on current events and politics. On the iOS 11 App Store, the Today tab has been refreshed this morning with stories about the apps and games that were selected by Apple, featuring interviews with the developers and annotated screenshots.
- U2 en la estación de subte de Berlín — Sorpresa urbana
- Recibe Damaris Aguirre su medalla olímpica
- Arsenal sin Alexis goleó en la Europe League
- El contundente cruce de Marcos Peña al discurso de Cristina Kirchner
- Inegi registra ligero aumento de 1% en confianza de consumidores
- Trump advierte que el cierre del Gobierno federal "podría ocurrir" el sábado
- German legend Matthaus questions Liverpool over Coutinho
- Más del 50% de mexicanos vive en situación de pobreza: Coneval
- Tomaba un helado y la balearon para robarle el celular
- Un jubilado fue a vacunarse y donó 500 mil pesos al hospital