Earlier this month it was revealed that The Walt Disney Company had held talks with 21st Century Fox about acquiring a number of its assets, including its movie studio division 20th Century Fox, TV channels FX and National Geographic, Fox's TV production assets, and its stake in worldwide broadcasters such as Sky and Star.
The CNBC report adds, "The enterprise value of the Fox assets in the Disney deal is seen as above $60 billion, according to sources". Not included would be Fox News, Fox Broadcasting Co. and Fox Sports Networks.
James Murdoch, 21st Century Fox's chief executive officer, has had to battle a series of scandals at the company, including sexual harassment allegations at the top of Fox News.
Revisa el cartel completo de la Cumbre del Rock Chileno 2018
Entre los shows especiales los hermanos Javiera y Ángel Parra con su espectáculo LUCVP, tributo a su abuela Violeta Parra. La programación el día 27 de enero comenzará a las 13:00 horas y se extenderá pasada la medianoche.
In addition to Disney and Comcast, both Sony and Verizon Communications have been previously named as potential suitors.
The Fox assets that buyers have expressed interest in include Fox's movie and TV production studios, cable networks FX and National Geographic, and worldwide assets such as the Star network in India, and the European pay TV provider Sky Plc.
Disney would also gain access to more content for its upcoming direct-to-consumer streaming service and increase its stable of cable networks at a time when ballooning sports rights costs are dragging down its once-formidable ESPN.
- Chelsea 1-1 Atlético Madrid, Champions League: Post-match reaction
- Russia-Trump: President criticised for attacking FBI
- Detienen en Perú a directivo de San Marcos por tráfico de drogas
- Simeone supera Zidane y Luis Enrique
- Édgar Méndez, suspendido por escupitajo a Alejandro Díaz
- Trump isn't deciding who controls East Jerusalem — Haley
- US lawmakers quash Democrat congressman's bid to impeach Donald Trump
- Tarata: Abimael Guzmán fue expulsado nuevamente de audiencia
- ExxonMobil abrirá 50 gasolineras en México
- "Sé que Nicole discute bastante con Moyano" — Fabián Cubero