It was the most unlikely lead at the end of a first half in which the hosts dominated. Better to get out of the way here then at Old Trafford on Sunday.
Guardiola handed starts to England youngsters Tosin Adarabioyo and Phil Foden and was impressed with how his side got on in Shaktar's hostile environment.
Pogba, who is serving a three-match domestic ban after receiving a red card in the win over Arsenal, said United must be ruthless in front of goal if they are to record their first win in three league games over City.
But City played both in the second half on Sunday as they laid siege to Adrian's goal and Guardiola said the performance of the Argentine and Brazilian in tandem had given him plenty to consider. But that's what Pep Guardiola and co. have been doing, and no one across Europe has been able to put a stop to their incredible run.
"It means we have done 39 points in a row".
Silva joined City from Valencia in 2010, just days after becoming a World Cup victor with Spain after they beat Holland 1-0 in the final in South Africa.
"You have to try to solve it (when teams pack the defence)". Foden is the more likely of the two but Yaya Toure and Ilkay Gundogan might have dibs on that position, with Pep Guardiola keen to ensure he doesn't allow his players' mentality to creep into the realm of complacency.
Funnily enough Leicester are now above The Saints in the table, and the issues with finishing that cost Puel during his time there still remain.
This is the player that received the biggest kick in the teeth and never found the power to get back up to his feet.
Taison fired wide and Yaroslav Rakitskiy fired a free-kick at Ederson as Shakhtar sought to make the result even more emphatic, but City grabbed a consolation from 12 yards in stoppage-time as Aguero smashed in a penalty.
After another incident packed weekend of football, it's time to reveal 5 things we learned in Premier League game week 15.
West Ham manager David Moyes, on his part, said: "I have to say it was a really good effort".
It's reported that the reason United failed to sign him in the last transfer window was because Pochettino didn't want to offload two full-backs in one window and Kyle Walker had already joined City.
They kicked off the campaign with what was, to many, a shock defeat at Shakhtar, when they chose to leave Mertens and Jorginho on the bench. There is much excitement about Foden's potential around the Etihad campus.
- Pep Guardiola makes promise to Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri by SMS - report
- Mundial de clubes: el campeón local dejó afuera a un abonado
- El Gobierno se reúne con gobernadores patagónicos — Conflicto mapuche
- Frena SSP marcha de campesinos
- Julia Carabias recibe la medalla Belisario Domínguez
- Google bloqueará YouTube para Amazon Fire TV y Echo
- Mayweather sobre McGregor: "Hice que la pelea pareciera buena para la audiencia"
- Iría 'Terrible' al Salón de la Fama del Boxeo
- Hinchas lo ovacionaron tras su golazo en la Copa Dinamarca — Edison Flores
- Samsung representative says Galaxy S9 reveal at CES unlikely