- Airstrikes targeted a scientific research centre.
Israel again fired missiles at a Syrian military facility near Damascus late on Monday, according to a war monitor, the second reported Israeli strike in Syria in the past week.
In a letter to the UN Secretary-General and the head of the Security Council, Damascus protested "the two new rockets attacks carried out by the Israeli occupation authorities on areas in Damascus Countryside, which were accompanied by attacks with shells by terrorists on the neighborhoods and suburbs of Damascus city", SANA reported.
"The shelling took place with missiles launched by Israeli warplanes", the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported citing local sources.
At least seven structures, that appear to be barracks and garages, were destroyed in the airstrike, while another three were damaged. The latest site was also allegedly targeted by the Israeli army in January 2013, in order to prevent the transfer of advanced missiles to the Hizbullah terror group. Witnesses told Reuters they heard three loud explosions and that smoke was seen near the Jamriya area.
In an act of defence, Syria responded by firing anti-aircraft missiles at Israeli jets.
Several Arab media reports last weekend suggested that the strike purportedly killed 12 Iranian military personnel. "We will not allow that regime to entrench itself militarily in Syria, as it seeks to do, for the express purpose of eradicating our state".
- Thousands evacuated in Ventura County — California wildfire
- La divertida foto de Jimena Barón y Delpo, a los besos
- Se siente el calor: la máxima alcanzará los 30 grados
- US recognition of Jerusalem risks igniting 'fire' in region, warns Turkey
- Motor de arranque para coches Dayco
- El tiempo: la semana arranca con inestabilidad
- Cardinals Sign Miles Mikolas From Japan's Yomiuri Giants — Reports
- Una mayoría de los accionistas aprueba la fusión entre Banorte e Interacciones
- Simeone supera Zidane y Luis Enrique
- Paro nacional de ATE y la CTA: qué gremios adhieren