CR described the latest iPhone model an "innovative device with a fantastic camera and handsome display", but average durability.
It appears that Apple might be looking for a new OLED panel supplier for the iPhone X.
It looks like the rumors surrounding Apple's 2018 iPhone plans are already beginning to swirl. Now with the all glass iPhone 8, Apple can only offer Space Grey, Silver and Gold, meanwhile the iPhone X is limited to Space Grey and Silver.
The metal casing for the 2018 LCD iPhone will be supplied by Casetek, which is a subsidiary of Apple's manufacturing partner Pegatron. Many Apple fans weren't happy with the glass back on the new iPhone models because it opens both the front and back of the device up to expensive repairs in the case of an accidental drop. All the three 2017 iPhones come with a glass back to support wireless charging. In drop-test videos by EverythingApplePro, PhoneBuff, and JerryRigEverything, the iPhone X was found to be more durable than the iPhone 8.
The OLED display on the iPhone X has received an overwhelmingly positive response from consumers.
Granted, I've been using many of my favorite apps in "dark mode" to enjoy the dynamic range of the OLED screen - Twitter and the excellent Apollo Reddit client, chief among them - but I still spend a lot of time using this phone to watch videos, GIFs, take notes, set reminders, make calls, and constantly refresh Twitter. The iPhone X has a 5.8-inch screen, so the 6.3-inch model would be a good deal larger.
The two sport a big difference in screen, as the iPhone X got a huge upgrade into OLED, which offers ideal blacks and more vivid colors, as well as higher resolution 2436 x 1125. iPhone 8 still uses the old IPS LCD display.
One point not referenced by Nikkei, and brought up by Kuo in a previous investor note, is that the aforementioned 6.1-inch LCD iPhone model will feature an edgeless display. This of course explains why the device is rumored to be a low-cost entry built for low-end and midrange markets.
- Bachelet quiere que gane Guillier para "lograr la impunidad de Dávalos" — José Antonio Kast
- Bencinas registran nueva alza en sus precios
- Ronaldo makes history as Real finish with a win
- AMLO ya no es contendiente serio para el PRI, afirma EOR
- Boyacá Chicó y Leones, los nuevos 'inquilinos' de la A en 2018
- Cristiano Ronaldo 'delighted' with record-breaking Champions League goal
- El Papa pidió que se respete el "statu quo" de Jerusalén
- CTM y CTEP aglutinarán en sindicato a choferes UBER y Cabify
- El parlamento australiano aprueba el matrimonio homosexual
- Chile respalda recuento de votos en Honduras — Irregularidades en elección