Mr Green, who represents Texas's ninth congressional district, took to the House floor in October to say that Mr Trump's response to neo-Nazi violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, his attack on NFL players who knelt during the national anthem in protest, and his debunked claim that Barack Obama had wire-tapped him, had all undermined the integrity of the Oval Office and "brought disrepute on the presidency".
"This is not about Democrats, it is about democracy".
The top two Democrats in the House of Representatives came out Wednesday against an effort to impeach President Trump, shortly before the House is expected to vote to kill the effort.
Green's resolution is expected to fail, given widespread opposition among Republicans and most Democrats.
Al Green (D-Tex.) speaks to media in Houston on May 15, 2017, about his call for the impeachment of President Trump.
That means the actual question of impeachment wouldn't get a vote, according to NPR. Politically, the vote puts rank-and-file Democrats in a tough position - between a desire to allow the investigations to run their course, the possible discomfort of moderate voters, and the demands of the anti-Trump left wing.
Congress cannot continue to pretend that the president's behavior isn't putting our republic at risk.
"In his capacity as president of the United States, unmindful of the high duties of his high office and the dignity and proprieties thereof and of the harmony and courtesies necessary for stability within the society of the United States, Donald John Trump has, with his statements, done more than incite individuals and groups of Americans, more than insult individuals and groups of Americans. I will them that it's about democracy". It is not about Republicans, it is about the fate of our Republic.
- Manchester United, Basel, Roma, Juventus into Champions League last 16
- La denuncia de Nisman | Así detuvieron a Fernando Esteche
- Senador republicano anti-LGBTI es arrestado por prostitución infantil
- Here Are the California Freeway and Road Closures Caused by Fires
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 to ship in first devices in early 2018
- Fergie habla de su pasada adicción a la metanfetamina
- Simeone supera Zidane y Luis Enrique
- Si la llevan presa a Cristina Kirchner se arma quilombo
- Marcha a Plaza de Mayo contra la "persecución"
- D'Elía: "Esto es una causa política, quieren humillar a la oposición"