Premier League giants Manchester United and Italians Juventus were among the sides to advance to the knockout round of the Champions League Tuesday following victories on the final matchday while Atletico Madrid were eliminated after being held at Chelsea.
"Don't forget here this season is very tough". Mourinho, who could not resist a dig at Arsene Wenger and Guardiola over the fitness of Alexandre Lacazette and David Silva, was quoted as saying at his post-CSKA Moscow press conference by the Manchester Evening News. So United, City and Spurs know they will be up against teams who finished second.
Robert Lewandowski opened the scoring and Corentin Tolisso struck twice as Bayern Munich fell just short of topping Group B with a 3-1 win over Paris Saint-Germain at the Allianz Arena.
As reigning A-League champions, Sydney FC were automatically placed in Group H with Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenua.
Sporting took third despite losing to Francisco Alcacer's header and an own goal from former Barca defender Jeremy Mathieu in a low-key clash at the Camp Nou. In total, by country, England have five representatives still alive, Spain with three, Italy with two and one each from Germany, Portugal, turkey, Ukraine, Switzerland and France.
Manchester United: Bayern Munich (4), Juventus (5), Seville (7), Shakhtar Donetsk (16), Porto (12) or Real Madrid (1).
Real Madrid's possible opponents: Manchester United, PSG, Rome, Liverpool, Manchester City and Besiktas.
Antonio Conte surprised many when he left Azpilicueta out against Swansea City as he rested him to be fresh to start against both Newcastle and Atletico Madrid. Olympiakos: Cannot even qualify for the Europa League after taking a single point from their opening five matches.
Tuesday night saw a number of Champions League games take place, with British clubs experiencing mixed results on the night.
- Kenny Atkinson, coach de los Nets, enamorado de México
- Amazon Prime Video ya disponible en Apple TV
- Gobierno espera cumplimiento de la meta de inflación en el 2017
- #YouTubeRewind lo más visto en México durante este 2017
- Comercio electrónico representó 2.6% del Buen Fin
- DOJ investigating texts between FBI officials after anti-Trump messages found
- Shakira lanza pícaro piropo a Piqué
- Peñarol y Defensor quieren sacar ventaja
- Crisis en ShowMatch: Pampita amenazó con renunciar si no pagan los sueldos
- Con un nuevo bloque peronista, Pichetto cercó a Cristina en el Senado