The big winner this time around is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which claimed four titles, including the "Ultimate Game of the Year" award, (I guess "Game of the Year" just doesn't cut it these days). There's an OMEN by HP gaming laptop and an Intel Core i7 processor with MSI Motherboard bundle up for grabs, and the livestream will have the details on how to try and win them. The other nominees on the list were Assassin's Creed Origins, Destiny 2, Dishonored 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Monument Valley 2, Persona 5, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Resident Evil 7 biohazard and Super Mario Odyssey.
The Golden Joystick Awards are an annual event in the UK where the best games are honoured.
Possibly the most surprising winners on this year's list was Friday 13th Game taking home the Best Indie prize. Best Handheld/Mobile went to Pokemon Sun and Moon and Best Studio was won by Nintendo EPD.
Overwatch as well as a team and player won the esports awards at the Golden Joysticks
Another Overwatch League player, LA Valiant DPS Brady "Agilities" Girardi was awarded the Esports Play of the Year. However, the game is also a subject of controversy this year as the gaming award shows start to pop up, as it's being nominated for multiple awards despite not being a fully released game.
Still, it's something that Nintendo (and Nintendo fans) will probably see a lot more of this year, as Nintendo is in a race against itself for end-of-year accolades in a number of categories.
- Alejandro Fernández cancela concierto en Puebla y Pachuca
- Motor de arranque para coches Dayco
- Barcelona triunfa sobre el Leganés con doblete de Suárez
- Bayern Münich goleó a Augsburgo y estiró su ventaja en la Bundesliga
- Muere piloto británico en Gran Prix de Macao
- India gana la corona de Miss Mundo
- Dimitrov pasó a semifinales del Masters de Londres
- Funvisis reporta seis sismos consecutivos en el estado Mérida
- Simeone supera Zidane y Luis Enrique
- Primer Tráiler: Los Increíbles II, de Disney•Pixar