"I congratulate Alex Azar on his nomination to be Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS)".
Azar is a vocal critic of the Affordable Care Act and told CNBC in February that, "The remarkable thing here is Obamacare is failing completely on its own terms". ADVI traditionally has been at the forefront of seminal payment and delivery reform issues currently before the CMS as well as local and national public and private payer coverage, quality, and reimbursement issues and in healthcare merger and acquisition deal flow.
President Donald Trump may occasionally erupt with passionate criticism for biopharma companies and the execs who run them, but once again he's going with an industry insider for a top government post. Ron Wyden (OR), for instance, spoke for many of his colleagues when he wondered how Azar could faithfully work to bring down prescription drug prices given his former employment.
'If the president is looking for an experienced, competent conservative who is confirmable, Alex would be a great choice, ' said his former boss, HHS secetary Mike Leavitt.
And he'll be returning to HHS a second time.
Azar has served on the board of directors of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization, a drug industry lobby, for several years, and his nomination would raise questions about the administration's seriousness about lowering drug prices. "Maybe he should have asked the six million diabetic Americans whose insulin prices have more than tripled under Azar's watch at Eli Lilly", Peter Maybarduk, director of Public Citizen's Access to Medicines Program, said in a statement.
President Donald Trump on Monday nominated former pharmaceutical executive Alex Azar to lead the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, a vacancy left by ousted chief Tom Price. A lawyer by training, Azar previously clerked for Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court.
According to private contacts LifeNews.com has had with leading pro-life advocates, Azar is reportedly someone the pro-life movement would appreciate.
Other names that have been floated to replace Price include Seema Verma, administrator for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and Scott Gottlieb, the Food and Drug Administration commissioner.
- Ex novio de Selena Gómez sale con la ex de Justin Bieber
- Lagomarsino declara como imputado en la causa por la muerte de Nisman
- Angie Jibaja fue internada en un hospital psiquiátrico
- Un niño estuvo a centímetros de ser atropellado por un camión
- Lanzan alerta 15 mil científicos por daño irreversible al mundo
- Honduras coach cries espionage — Drone-gate
- Será Sergio Bueno nuevo DT del Atlante
- Ibrahimovic "vuelve" a la selección de Suecia para jugar el Mundial
- Fiscal especial podría investigar a la ex candidata presidencial Hillary Clinton
- Perú declarará día no laborable si selección clasifica a Rusia 2018