Their last two major tournament appearances have seen them on the plane home before the quarter finals, but Gareth Southgate is already thinking about how his side might negotiate the knock-out stages of the World Cup, should they make it that far.
Southgate also warned his players of the threat posed by the forward ahead of their game against Brazil at Wembley Tuesday night.
Southgate said the faith shown in Rashford by United manager Jose Mourinho and former England boss Roy Hodgson was a sign that they considered him a big-game player.
"We have played two of the best teams in the world, we didn't win, but we didn't lose".
March friendlies against the Netherlands and Italy will allow Southgate to address those issues, but for now it's time to celebrate the mundanity that is holding Brazil to a 0-0 draw.
Southgate believes his players face a tougher task against a side he deems to be the "best team in the world". And it's Coutinho who almost sneaks in an opener for the visitors, but his low strike is saved well by Hart. It wasn't pretty viewing, but you would take a 0-0 if it were the World Cup finals, even if that does mean penalties...
"Against Japan we tested ourselves against a more mobile and skilled team, against England we tested ourselves against a team of strong and tall players, very solid", said Tite, who was hired in June 2016. It's a team effort - the whole team, defensively, put in a good shift.
GETTY Marcus Rashford is in line to start against Brazil at Wembley
England has lost six of seven penalty shootouts since 1990 at either a World Cup or a European Championship.
Joe Gomez was able to reflect on a "great experience" after marking his first England start with a man-of-the-match performance in the 0-0 draw with Brazil.
Gomez is set to be alongside John Stones and Harry Maguire in a back-three with Kyle Walker and Ryan Bertrand expect to play as wing-backs.
"As much as they had, I thought the back-line were absolutely phenomenal".
PSG are unsurprisingly unwilling to sell their world record signing, who has been tipped to be Cristiano Ronaldo's successor at Real.
- Alibaba vende artículos por 1.500 millones de dólares en tres minutos
- Alumno amenaza a profesora para que lo apruebe en Paraguay
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) Hardware Comes With Steep Discounts This Black Friday
- El "calvario" de una tripulación de Air France en Ezeiza
- La "U" se queda 3 semanas sin Pinilla por lesión
- Pide Conapred a diputados evitar gritos homofóbicos en San Lázaro
- Evo Morales dice que diplomático de EEUU boicotea su postulación
- Argentina misses Messi in friendly loss to Nigeria
- Feriado Nacional si Perú se clasifica a Rusia 2018
- Gobierno de Chile desmiente intervencionismo electoral