"Tesla Semi Truck unveil to be webcast live on Thursday at 8pm!"
But this constraint creates a bottleneck for the entire production line, which needs to restrict its output so it doesn't create excessive inventory since it can't complete the Model 3 vehicles without the battery modules.
And now Tesla is going to produce a big rig. The Tesla Semi has the potential to disrupt a core part of the U.S. economy.
Tesla's planned unveiling of its new line of semi-trucks may be an easy way for it to leverage its existing technology and capital and give it an edge over the competition, Joseph Spak, an analyst at RBC Capital Markets, said.
And then there's Tesla tsla , which is putting semi-autonomous cars into the hands of increasing numbers of people-but which is also having big-time production problems with its latest car, the Model 3 sedan.
Some users claim the vehicle was accidentally been revealed on the back of a trailer last month - although Elon Musk disputes this.
The truck reveal could support Tesla's recently-hammered stock price after production issues limited Model 3 units to 260, far lower than the estimated 1,500 for the quarter..
Reports back in August suggested that Tesla would show off its electric semi the following month. It was originally due for a debut in September, then in October and now finally in mid-November.
In August, it was discovered that Tesla was developing a long-haul, electric semi-truck that could drive itself and move in 'platoons' that followed a lead vehicle, according to an email discussion of potential road tests between the car company and the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles.
The launch of a Tesla truck will provide the much needed morale boost, since a futuristic truck could potentially change the landscape of the freight shipping and commercial land transportation industry..
- Tabaré Vázquez arribó a México
- Jugador de la NFL pierde a su bebé horas antes de partido
- Almagro participará en reunión de la ONU sobre Venezuela
- Prenden fuego a presuntos ladrones en localidad de Oaxaca
- Conoce las recomendaciones para hacer compras en El Buen Fin
- ¡Denuncian un drone espía!
- "El Burro" Van Rankin revela el 'miserable' sueldo que gana en 'Hoy'
- Por ahora la CGT no prevé protestas contra la reforma laboral
- Reapareció vía Twitter el "AG" de las anotaciones de Marcelo Odebrecht
- Trump nomina a nuevo secretario de Salud y Servicios Humanos de EEUU