Currently ranked seventh at the moment (11 October) in the FIFA World Rankings, you'd wonder why Irish fans would rather see the Swiss instead of the bottom two.
It's fair to say James McClean's winner against Wales was a wonderful goal and now we have a new angle from it.
Because Denmark failed to beat Romania on Sunday, they had to rely on the results in the other groups going their way. There's a chance I can [stay] and a chance I won't. Twenty-four hours earlier, the GAA club he once represented with distinction reached their first Cork senior hurling championship final in 14 years.
The important point is that the players responded to O'Neill when the chips were down and once again rose to a challenge when they had no fall-back position.
Gianluigi Buffon is the sole survivor from the side that won the 2006 World Cup.
David Meyler and Stephen Quinn had been named in the centre of midfield.
As well as the players, Dragons fans and FAW board members want Coleman to stay for the Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Italy are managed by 68-year-old Giampiero Ventura, who has vast experience managing in Serie A and the lower tiers of Italian football.
Here's a video of Meyler packing himself in FIFA. Up next will be the real challenge, however, as they travel to Poland next month. Last night he lasted 90 significantly more taxing minutes in Cardiff and claimed he felt much fresher than the he did when leaving the Aviva Stadium pitch three days ago. "I was delighted with the result". Pozanan witnessed an emphatic 3-1 win for Croatia in what was a tournament to forget for the Irish.
When a manager walks his own road, the sense of satisfaction when success arrives is sweet.
Familiar names in the shape of Luka Modric, Ivan Rakatic, Ivan Perisic and Mario Mandzukic give testament to Croatia's ability and they would represent sticky opponents for the Irish.
The Danes famously "came off the beach" and stunned everybody when winning Euro 92.
Derry man and Republic of Ireland supporter, Conor Feeney, was watching the game live in the Banshee Bar in Boston, USA. He's a hero and then zero in an eyeblink or vice versa.
Sure, we could have a long debate about the fact that Ireland let a dominant position in the group slip and in my opinion, unnecessarily.
"We'll be standing for the entire game, lads".
- Macri sobre la economía: "Lo peor ya pasó"
- US flies strategic bombers over Korean peninsula
- Grupos Fatah y Hamas logran acuerdo de reconciliación
- Se estrella avión militar tras participar en desfile en Madrid
- Sismo de magnitud 5.1 sacudió este miércoles a Oaxaca, México
- Consejo Político del PRI autoriza buscar alianzas para 2018
- Apple placing bets on LG's display for an upcoming foldable smartphone
- Honduras le gana a México y se mete al repechaje
- Ordenan toque de queda en Malawi por "vampiros"
- ¡Al fin! India penaliza las relaciones sexuales con esposas menores de edad