The 46-year-old referee has a reputation, especially in games against the Red Devils, of being a bad omen for Liverpool.
Two goals from Juan Mata piled misery onto Liverpool, and United ran out 2-1 victors.
"When Fergie first came to United, you lot were all shouting for him to get the sack and I was saying he deserved more time".
Liverpool fans may be feeling anxious about Saturday's Premier League clash against in-form Manchester United, with the Reds, who have lost Sadio Mane to injury, having won just one of their last seven games in all competitions.
Manchester United have been brilliant so far but will Jose Mourinho revert to type at Anfield?
Manchester United could have been guaranteed three points this weekend after Martin Atkinson, a FIFA qualified referee since 2006, was named as the head official for their trip to Anfield this weekend, according to the Sun.
"It's a big game for us too because we have to keep fighting and improve our results".
West Ham boss Slaven Bilic has leapfrogged Everton's Ronald Koeman as favourite to be the next managerial casualty after his side's woeful start. It is still the lowest possession they have had in a Premier League game since Opta began collecting such data. He wanted everyone to know that the onus was on the home team's manager to open things up in search of the breakthrough.
The midfielder was replaced by Firmino in the closing stages of Wednesday's 3-0 win over Chile, which was enough for Brazil to finish 10 points clear at the top of the South American standings.
"He can answer those doubters who are saying 'well they've not played anyone yet' and he knows that".
"But that's football and anything can happen".
- Grupos Fatah y Hamas logran acuerdo de reconciliación
- Se estrella avión militar tras participar en desfile en Madrid
- Northern Ireland and Republic's World Cup play-off path
- Manuel"Coco? Sosa, imputado por obtención ilícita de divisas"
- Macri sobre la economía: "Lo peor ya pasó"
- Golf blamed for Gareth Bale's injury woes
- US flies strategic bombers over Korean peninsula
- Estados Unidos se retira de la Unesco por sus políticas anti Israel
- Honduras le gana a México y se mete al repechaje
- Ordenan toque de queda en Malawi por "vampiros"