It's a little bit of a shame that the Google Pixel 2 could've been more powerful than ever, but it's worth remembering that Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 is an extremely high-performance chip, and has been roundly applauded by reviewers. There's no evidence to support the existence of the Snapdragon 836 at this time, and it's likely that Google and Qualcomm will never confirm their discussions on the matter.
In terms of build quality, Pixel 2 will follow similar design tone like the original Pixel, instead of a full metal body, the rear-panel will feature glass and metal back case to incorporate wireless charging technology.
XDA-Developers initially broke the story about the Snapdragon 836, saying that its sources claim that Qualcomm isn't working on a chip by that name and has no plans to do so. As the display goes, the device features 4.98-inch IPS LCD screen with 1080p resolution, with narrow bezels and probably expected to feature 18:9 aspect ratio (like the one found in the LG G6 and LG V30).
However, he notes that the Snapdragon 836 has since been delayed until early 2018, "forcing" the new Pixel phone onto the pre-existing Snapdragon 835 chip.
Android Police spoke to sources familiar with Qualcomm plans, who confirmed that there hadn't been a Snapdragon 836 in the works. Understandably, the website steered clear of the processor topic entirely. It's presumed that these dots are the send and receive sensors for the camera's laser detect autofocus, a rumored feature. It will have an IP68 rating for water and dust resistance.
A whole set of new features seem to be destined for the new Google Pixel 2 devices.
REUTERS/Beck DiefenbachSabrina Ellis, Director of Product Management at Google, speaks about the new Pixel phone during the presentation of new Google hardware in San Francisco, California, U.S. October 4, 2016.
- Ocho muertos en San Martín y Barbuda por paso del huracán Irma
- Google Trips: aplicación ya está en español y la puedes descargar ahora
- Esperan buena respuesta a carrera de la Cruz Roja
- Se incrementa a 90 los muertos por el sismo de 8.2
- Motor de arranque para coches Dayco
- Huracán Irma: se perdió la comunicación con Barbuda y crece la preocupación
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 gets record breaking pre-orders
- Sweep Dreams: Rockies do the unthinkable in LA
- Simeone supera Zidane y Luis Enrique
- Joven fue salvajemente apuñalada en un templo umbanda