The move follows criticism of the chaotic conditions in which relief supplies have been handed out at the huge camps around Cox's Bazar, where about 389,000 Rohingya from Myanmar's Rakhine state have arrived since Aug 25.
One Rohingya man said his village of Rashidong had been attacked six days earlier by Myanmar soldiers and police.
"I call on the government to end its current cruel military operation, with accountability for all violations that have occurred, and to reverse the pattern of severe and widespread discrimination against the Rohingya population", he said.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and the UN Security Council on Wednesday urged Myanmar authorities to end violence, adding that the situation was best described as ethnic cleansing. Instead, they blame the insurgents.
These are now completely overwhelmed and tens of thousands of new arrivals have no shelter. He wants the government of Myanmar to implement, with concrete action, recommendations made by an independent advisory commission led by former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, including speeding up the citizen verification process to ensure that human rights are recognized for all groups.
It was also to send a strong message against the Myanmar government's treatment of the mostly Muslim minority Rohingya.
"India's position is same as Bangladesh's over the Rohingya issue".
The crisis has raised questions about Buddhist-majority Myanmar's transition to civilian rule under the leadership of Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi following decades of military rule.
According to the latest situation report on the website of Inter Sector Coordination Group or ISCG, 391,000 Rohingyas have crossed the border into Bangladesh since violence erupted in Myanmar's western state of Rakhine in late August.
British UN Ambassador Matthew Rycroft said it was the first statement from the Security Council on Myanmar in nine years.
- Transmilenio anunció sanciones a concesionarios por fallas mecánicas en los buses
- Plebiscito PUC: 70% de los estudiantes aprueba el aborto en tres causales
- Continúa desaparecida adolescente que abordó taxi en Álvaro Obregón
- Dos muertes relacionadas con Irma en Georgia
- Near hurricane-force gust reported in Keys
- Casa Blanca: posición sobre Acuerdo de París no ha cambiado
- San Lorenzo tuvo que esforzarse para superar a Arsenal
- Diálogo entre el gobierno venezolano y la oposición sigue mañana
- La mujer del PLD exige paridad en proyecto ley de partidos
- Motor de arranque para coches Dayco