He has been charged with second-degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding, and one count related to leaving the scene.
Helicopters were reported flying overhead in Charlottesville as Gov. Terry McAuliffe declared a state of emergency after what is believed to be the largest gathering of white nationalists in a decade.
Also Saturday night, the US States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Virginia and the Richmond Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation issued a joint statement calling their probe a "civil rights investigation".
"I have a message to all the white supremacists and the Nazis who came to Charlottesville today".
As of Saturday evening, Angela Taylor, a spokeswoman for the University of Virginia Medical Center, said five people from the crash were in critical condition, four in serious condition, six in fair condition and four in good condition. "We love our city".
Police said the helicopter was helping law enforcement officers monitor the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville.
Boston Police said they will be developing security plans ahead of next Saturday's free-speech rally from 12-5 p.m. on the common. Santa Ana demonstrator Spencer Kelly said he has an adopted brother who is black and has felt uncomfortable since Trump won the election.
- Dovizioso hace buenos los pronósticos de Ducati en el Red Bull Ring
- No encontró a Vidal entre los candidatos y decidió votar en blanco
- Presidente chino pide a Trump que baje su tono ante crisis
- "A las 21 estarán los primeros resultados" — Marcos Peña
- Mauricio Macri celebra "normalidad" en elecciones primarias de Argentina
- Chelsea to be without suspended Cahill, Fabregas for Tottenham match
- México obtiene presea de plata en relevo mixto
- Macron y Trump abordan por teléfono cómo rebajar la tensión norcoreana
- Marchista mexicana Guadalupe González plata en Mundial de Atletismo
- Randazzo denunció al Correo por el faltante de boletas