He has been charged with second-degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding, and one count related to leaving the scene.
Helicopters were reported flying overhead in Charlottesville as Gov. Terry McAuliffe declared a state of emergency after what is believed to be the largest gathering of white nationalists in a decade.
Also Saturday night, the US States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Virginia and the Richmond Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation issued a joint statement calling their probe a "civil rights investigation".
"I have a message to all the white supremacists and the Nazis who came to Charlottesville today".
As of Saturday evening, Angela Taylor, a spokeswoman for the University of Virginia Medical Center, said five people from the crash were in critical condition, four in serious condition, six in fair condition and four in good condition. "We love our city".
Police said the helicopter was helping law enforcement officers monitor the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville.
Boston Police said they will be developing security plans ahead of next Saturday's free-speech rally from 12-5 p.m. on the common. Santa Ana demonstrator Spencer Kelly said he has an adopted brother who is black and has felt uncomfortable since Trump won the election.
- México obtiene presea de plata en relevo mixto
- Donald Trump's Wretched Statement on Charlottesville
- Macron y Trump abordan por teléfono cómo rebajar la tensión norcoreana
- No encontró a Vidal entre los candidatos y decidió votar en blanco
- Marchista mexicana Guadalupe González plata en Mundial de Atletismo
- Randazzo denunció al Correo por el faltante de boletas
- El Registro Civil atenderá este fin de semana — PASO
- Mauricio Macri celebra "normalidad" en elecciones primarias de Argentina
- Chelsea to be without suspended Cahill, Fabregas for Tottenham match
- Luego de votar, Macri se mostró ansioso y pidió donar los órganos