In late June, after months of dismissing the possibility of Russian hacking during last year's election, Trump seemed to accept that Russia did, in fact, interfere with the election process following a bombshell Washington Post report covering the Obama administration's struggle to stop and punish Russia's efforts.
"I think the president is rightly focused on how do we move forward from something that may be an intractable disagreement at this point", Tillerson said. "I answered as many as I could answer".
President Trump and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson huddled with Putin and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov for more than two hours.
US National Security Adviser Herbert Raymond McMaster said in response to a similar question that the result of the meeting was a recognition of the importance of cybersecurity and the need to make sure that election systems in the US and other countries are protected.
The ceasefire will go into effect at noon Damascus time (0900 GMT) on Sunday, U.S. and Russian officials said.
Malala Yousafzai finishes high school, celebrates by joining Twitter
The internet can be an wonderful place where people from many walks of life can interact out in the open, for all to witness. She has been offered a place to study at Oxford University .
The meeting was planned for 30 to 40 minutes - but lasted for two hours and 16 minutes. It's not clear to me that we will ever come to some agreed-upon resolution of that question between the two nations, he said.
If any more clarification from the White House or from Moscow is released, we'll add it to this page.
Mr Putin also welcomed the news that the US had appointed a new envoy to try to solve the Ukraine crisis.
He also said that Trump was "very different" in real life versus on television.
"This is Russia trying to save face and they can't".
The Russians, speaking after the meeting, claimed that Trump accepted the denial - but Tillerson did not.
- El colombiano Luis Muriel, cerca del Sevilla
- Simeone supera Zidane y Luis Enrique
- Bombarderos de EEUU realizan maniobras cerca de frontera norcoreana
- Donald Trump apadrina fondo para emprendedoras, inducido por su hija Ivanka
- EEUU prepara prueba de sistema de defensa de misiles THAAD
- Aseguran 375 buches de Totoaba en Aeropuerto de Tijuana — FOTOS
- Rusia espera que reunión Putin-Trump establezca "diálogo de trabajo"
- After handshakes and concert, G20 seeks 'difficult' consensus
- Chelsea will Move Hard to Sign James Rodriguez
- Egypt: Two police killed, nine injured in explosion in Northern Sinai