In turn, it will now be down to him and the club to work together on bringing in the right players to improve the squad and take the club forward.
City are in need of reinforcements in the full-back position after Guardiola released three at the end of last season, including right-sided options Pablo Zabaleta, who has joined West Ham, and Bacary Sagna.
Boro are also finalising a deal to sign Bury's highly-rated young striker George Miller and remain in the market for Nottingham Forest's Britt Assombalonga.
Spurs will listen to offers for Moussa Sissoko, Vincent Janssen and Kevin Wimmer, but maintain Dier is not for sale.
The 27-year-old's future has been the subject of plenty of speculation ever since he started the FA Cup semi-final defeat to Chelsea on the bench, with Mauricio Pochettino calling on Kieran Trippier in his place.
Everton are also looking at Bournemouth forward King, but are likely to have to drop their £50m asking price for Barkley.
Garbine Muguruza thrashes Magdalena Rybarikova to reach Wimbledon final — Result
Bardet won the exhausting battle in five hours, 49 minutes, 38 seconds, just two ticks ahead of Aru and Colombian Rigoberto Uran. Williams also stopped Konta's bid to become the first woman from Britain in 40 years to win the country's Grand Slam tournament.
City's spending is not expected to stop there with a deal for Monaco left-back Benjamin Mendy believed to be nearing a conclusion.
Given that Spurs had to raise funds and Walker wanted to leave, it therefore makes sense to have sold the 27-year-old and Levy deserves some credit for negotiating a world record fee for a fullback in excess of £50 million.
With that fee combined with whatever was already budgeted for, Pochettino will surely now have plenty of money to spend this summer.
This post was syndicated from 360Nobs.com.
"If Pep Guardiola and Manchester City feel hurt, I am sorry..." So that's more than one reason why it would be risky to move slowly. "I've come here to be a champion", he said.
- Muere el premio Nobel de la Paz chino Liu Xiaobo
- Chelsea Close-In On £70m Deal To Sign 40-Goal Hitman
- Nick Saban explains the most precious fuel of all: failures
- Michael Carrick named as new Manchester United captain
- Blenheim woman was 'having a fantastic holiday' before jet blast killed her
- Garbine Muguruza reaches Wimbledon semi-finals
- La Liga Overwatch ya tiene a sus primeros equipos profesionales
- Vitolo firma con el Atlético de Madrid
- Colby Rasmus stepping away from baseball
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 rumours seem to settle on launch window