Now the issue has been resolved with Mr McAfee agreeing not to use the phrases 'McAfee Privacy Phone' or 'John McAfee Global Technologies' in relation to cyber-security or security-related products and services.
"Any use of the McAfee name in connection with your company and its provision of anti-spy software or other security solutions would surely be likely to confuse customers as to the source of your company's products, and/or suggest some affiliation or relationship with McAfee or Intel that does not exist", it wrote.
To view the full article, register now.
Additionally, Intel, which is famous for creating computer chips, also accused McAfee of unfair competition and asked for damages.
Oddly, McAfee himself was partly responsible for damaging his own name-brand, calling the 2013 version of the security suite "the worst software on the planet" in a bizarre NSFW video featuring himself, some strippers, some suspicious nose powder, a handgun, and a PC. McAfee had sold Intel his company in 2010 for $7.7 billion; and since then, he operated another company called MGT Capital Investments. He may, however, use his name in advertising and promotions.
Censo establece que 16 ecuatorianos militan en FARC
El 21% tiene Secundaria, un 3% cuenta con educación superior y un porcentaje de 11, no ha ingresado a ningún tipo de educación. Asimismo se contó con la colaboración de la Universidad de la Amazonia y la Universidad de Córdoba.
Manhattan U.S. District Judge Paul Oetken dismissed the case after the parties reached a settlement.
Intel argued this amounted to trademark infringement. QUITE A LOT IF you are John McAfee and you have been wrestling with Intel over its use.
Reuters reports that neither party admitted any wrongdoing, and adds that lawyers claimed that in the end an amicable arrangement was come to.
MGT Capital Investments was formed in 1977, and McAfee joined the company in May 2016 as proposed Chief Executive Officer and Executive Chairman of the Board.
What do you think of Intel and John McAfee?
- San Jose's Matheus Silva in critical condition after swimming accident
- Wimbledon: tenista Medvedev arrojó monedas al juez y fue duramente sancionado
- Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu Calls Marco Verratti A 'Prisoner' Of PSG
- Aseguran 91 fusiles AR15 y AK47, en Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas
- Venezuela: el líder de la oposición Leopoldo López sale de la cárcel
- Sorpresa en Wimbledon: Del Potro queda fuera
- Ocho personas desaparecidas tras derrumbe de edificio en Italia
- Revelan momento incómodo vivido por Shakira en la boda de Messi
- VENEZUELA: Al menos 24 personas fueron detenidas durante protestas
- ONU ya comenzó la destrucción del armamento de las Farc