The Cleveland Indians haven't fared well without Terry Francona, and they are unlikely to see their manager in the dugout in the near future as they attempt to sort out their troubles both at Progressive Field and in interleague play.
Francona, 58, underwent a cardiac ablation procedure on Thursday to address an irregular heart rhythm.
"The catheter delivers radio frequency energy to destroy these areas of heart tissue and the goal is to either cure or at least minimize the burden of the arrhythmia".
"Terry is resting comfortably at the Cleveland Clinic following the successful cardiac procedure", the statement continued.
Bench coach Brad Mills filled in again for Francona. However, he will not manage the All-Star Game in Miami on July 11. Cory Spangenberg had the lone RBI in the series opener and followed that up with a two-run blast on Wednesday for San Diego, which has won eight of its last 12 overall.
Mills was named to fulfill the managerial duties for the Indians until Francona's return. He earned the right to manage the AL squad in the 2017 All-Star Game when the Indians reached the World Series last season.
"We talked about a wide variety of issues from different trade conversations we're having and things going on with the team, so he's actively engaged and actively itching to get back", Antonetti said.
Encarnacion was 4 for 5, including a leadoff homer in the fifth and an RBI double in the sixth.
- "En México no hay muros sino fronteras abiertas": Osorio Chong en Chiapas
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for Fast Ring PCs
- Festival de Cine de Guanajuato celebra 20 años
- Simeone supera Zidane y Luis Enrique
- Trump y Putin se encuentran en reunión "positiva para el mundo"
- Jugadores del Athletic de Bilbao se rapan por un compañero con cáncer
- Motor de arranque para coches Dayco
- Qualcomm seeks to block imports, sales of some iPhones, iPads
- Vaguada y onda tropical provocarán lluvias este fin de semana
- Mavs Finalizing Two-Year Agreement With Dirk