At least two policemen were killed and nine wounded when their armoured vehicle was hit by an explosion in the Sinai on Saturday, Egypt's state news agency MENA said.
Friday's assault began in the early morning, when a suicide bomber rammed his vehicle into a checkpoint at a military compound in the village of el-Barth, southwest of the border town of Rafah. Militants have killed hundreds of security personnel.
In a separate statement, the ministry said its forces killed two men described as fugitive terrorists in an exchange of gunfire in the city of Giza. He didn't provide a breakdown, but added that 40 of the assailants were killed.
They also reaffirmed the need for all States to "combat by all means", in accordance with the UN Charter and other obligations under international law, threats to international peace and security caused by terrorist acts. It was one of the bloodiest assaults on security forces in years.
Nico Cartosio shared the details about his sensational work "Christmas on the moon"
The violin that can be heard throughout ‘Christmas On The Moon’ is performed by famed chamber musician John Mills. The track is taken from his upcoming album "The Longest Night In Limbo" expected for 17 April 2019.
The security officials said some senior officers had expressed opposition to the location of the checkpoint, arguing that it provided no real cover for the troops.
Faced with the challenge in Sinai, the Egyptian government has accused several Arab and Muslim countries of financing and providing safe haven to Islamic militants - including Qatar, Turkey, and the Hamas group in neighboring Gaza Strip. "We express our condolences to the families of the victims and wish a speedy recovery to the injured".
Hamas, which is seeking to improve relations with Cairo, quickly condemned Friday's attack. However, the group is now on the verge of being driven out of their last strongholds - Mosul in Iraq and Raqqa in Syria - in both the countries.
Elsewhere in Egypt on Friday, a police officer was gunned down while heading to a mosque in the outskirts of Cairo.
- El Boca-River de las glorias en La Pedrera terminó en empate
- Bombarderos de EEUU realizan maniobras cerca de frontera norcoreana
- Chelsea will Move Hard to Sign James Rodriguez
- Simeone supera Zidane y Luis Enrique
- De Vido dijo que jamás se protegió con los fueros
- "Por fin volveré a mojar esta hermosa camiseta" — Jorge Valdivia
- California politics updates: Gov. Brown announcing climate summit
- El colombiano Luis Muriel, cerca del Sevilla
- Djokovic y Del Potro avanzan a segunda ronda en Wimbledon
- Rusia espera que reunión Putin-Trump establezca "diálogo de trabajo"