The remarks came after Trump last month stood before a crowd of anti-Castro activists in Miami's Little Havana and announced tightened rules for Americans traveling to Cuba, banned ties with a military-run tourism firm and reaffirmed the existing US trade embargo.
"We reject the manipulation of the topic of human rights against Cuba, that can be proud of much in this area, and does not need to receive lessons from the United States nor anyone", Castro said, according to Cubadebate.
Some growth in tourism is due to the normalization of relations with the U.S. that was started by President Barack Obama and is now threatened under President Donald Trump.
Castro said Cuba remained open to negotiating matters of bilateral interest with the United States, sticking to the relatively conciliatory tone it has struck of late. He also accused the president of ignoring popular opinion in the U.S. and pandering to a small number of people.
A few days of the second anniversary of the reopening of the embassy of cuba in Washington, d.c., July 20, 2015, Raul Castro has attacked before Parliament the policy initiated by Donald Trump, which limit the travel of american citizens on the island and not allowed to negotiate with the businesses run by the military, cubans, everywhere in the tourism sector.
"Cuba and the United States can cooperate and live side by side, respecting their differences", he said.
The minister added that the government had approved 11 new ventures, five in the Mariel special development zone, which Cuba wants to develop into the Caribbean's main shipping hub, and six outside.
Castro called the new measures a toughening of the US embargo against the island, imposed since 1962, saying they evoked "an old and hostile rhetoric that characterised the Cold War". "But no one should expect that for this, one should have to make concessions inherent to one's sovereignty and independence".
Despite lower oil shipments from Venezuela, the Cuban economy managed to grow 1.1 percent in the first half of the year, bouncing back from a recession in 2016, Castro said.
- EN VIVO etapa 15 — Tour de Francia
- Elevan en Jerusalén seguridad tras ataques
- Líderes del PRD hacen llamado a la unidad de las izquierdas
- Arranca operativo "Vacaciones de verano 2017"
- Álvaro Uribe llama "violador de niños" a un periodista
- NBA rumors: Use caution with Blazers and Carmelo Anthony trade
- "Operação Condor" judicial avança: Lava Jato prende Ollanta Humala, no Peru
- En Marcha, el Operativo Salva Vidas Verano 2017
- Avalancha tras enfrentamiento en estadio de futbol de Senegal deja nueve muertos
- Tendremos 2 mil máquinas electorales en todo el — Héctor Rodríguez