Anti-capitalist protesters clashed with police in the street in trying to disrupt the conference of world leaders.
Responding to a second day of protests, police ordered in more than 900 additional officers from across the country to get the clashes under control.
Melania Trump tweeted her sympathies for those negatively affected by the protests. "But German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said earlier in the week that the city was bracing for up to 8,000 potentially violent protesters".
Water cannons were deployed by police at the G20 protests on July 6, 2017.
"Hamburg police couldn't provide clearance for us to leave", Stephanie Grisham, the first lady's press secretary, told the German press.
In a joint communique issued as the leaders gathered in a convention centre in Hamburg, Brazil, Russia, India and China - the so-called BRIC countries - called on the G20 to push for implementation of the Paris climate deal despite Trump's decision last month to pull the United States out of it.
And it was even appreciated by the furious activists, who appeared to clap as he slowly rode past - and rightly so. The summit statement retained the G20's ongoing rejection of protectionism and stated that trade must be "reciprocal and mutually advantageous". Police said on Twitter they would give an update on the total number of arrests early Saturday.
Thousands of officers in full riot gear patrolled as many as 30 different protest marches.
Putin said Trump was satisfied with his denial of meddling in the US election. President Trump and the first lady attended the summit's social dinner at Hamburg's Elbphilharmonie, which featured a reception, concert and dinner.
Justin Trudeau se reunirá con Peña Nieto durante cumbre del G-20
Trudeau, por su parte, subrayó su "excelente" relación con el presidente mexicano, con una visión coincidente en valores, oportunidades y ante el TLCAN .
- Noche violenta deja 8 muertos en Área Metropolitana de Guadalajara
- INE entrega dictámenes sobre gastos de campaña — MÉXICO
- PRD pide investigar a su diputado Fidel Calderón
- Djokovic y Del Potro avanzan a segunda ronda en Wimbledon
- Kesha regresa con "Praying" después de su demanda contra Dr. Luke
- El colombiano que se acerca Boca
- Ronald Fuentes: "Lo de Pinilla está un poco trabado, pero tenemos tiempo"
- Llega Peña acumbre del G20, hoy se reúne con Trump
- Bombarderos de EEUU realizan maniobras cerca de frontera norcoreana
- Arrestan al actor Shia LaBeouf por ebriedad